Word is Obama's gonna replace Larry Summers with Roger Altman. The motherfucking coaching carousel. If it doesn't matter who's POTUS - and I'm grateful to Obama for grating my fucking face into slaw to teach me once and finally that it doesn't matter who's POTUS - I'm voting for a Palin presidency to grate away whatever giggles I have left.
- What I just said. Sorta.
- Palin shows the right stuff!
- Economic advice from Caribou Spice.
- Fearing for our democracy.
- Beck of revelation.
- Preferential option.
- Any questions?
- Why fight?
- More like this.
- Chomsky on midterms.
- Guidelines for happy enemy blogging.
- Cycle of life.
- MOCO austerity.
- More on the body in a box.
- I actually felt a twinge of sympathy for Kevin Payne for when he tried to negotiate w/PG.
- Hey, Tiffany Jewelry posted a comment at the old place: You really need to apply it. Don't get lazy and assume that just since you read it, that you may get the maximum results. You can not. You truly need to work on this and in fact go ahead and promise to yourself that you'll do all you'll be able to to obtain the very best out of these consultants that you simply can.Yepper!
- Minor poets, major works.
- UPDATE! NEW BARDO POND!
- Magnetic Fields.
- UPDATE! Claudia Gonson likes Moby Dick (and has a new baby who looks like Laurie Anderson).
ANNUALS AND PERENNIALS
Telling it so simple, so far away,
as this America, home of the free,
colored ashes smeared on the base
or pedestal that flourishes ways of doubting
to be graceful, wave a slender hand...
We are fleet and persecuting
as hawks or crows.
We suffer for the lies we told, not wanting to
yet cupped in the wristlock of grace,
teenage Borgias or Gonzagas,
gold against gray in bands streaming,
meaning no harm, we never
meant it to, this stream that outpours now
haplessly into the vestibule that awaits.
We have shapes but no power.