Hey! did you hear Blooger crashed yesterday? Error bX-bclwac, don't you know. Thanks for the emails (before it became apparent this was not just about me). I'm not blegicidal (though battling a wee case of hiatusitus).
As I wrote this in moleskine (I write everything in moleskine first, blooger puking or not) I assumed google would fix things. I left blooger five years ago because it soyally rucked, I left ypepadtay seven months ago because it began soyally rucking as much as blooger had but charged me $125 a year for the privilege. I'd also been told by reliable folk and blogfolk that blooger rucked soyally far less than once. I've no idea what the fuck's up with comments, and I don't know why there's not a button I can click to make links open in a new window for you (and I've tried the cssing but it hasn't worked, though I'm a techtard), but this is the first I've seen a case of bX-bclwac. More importantly, if I ever ask you to migrate again I've asked this guy to kill me (and to double-kill me if I ever twitter or tumblr).
We Thursday Nighters sat down to our pints. I'm asked by L, I tried to read BDR today and I got an error message; what the fuck? I said the blog's back to read though last I looked I can't post. Do you good to not be able to post through the weekend, she said, winning the night's ridiculously priced scotch, but there are major birthdays to be honored Saturday and Sunday and there's a United game Saturday night whose recap will drive more readers away Sunday, but she's right - no more scab-picking until Monday at the earliest! Yay for you!
- The system works!
- On the above.
- Prepping for the resource wars.
- The dreadful inevitability of Romney.
- Budget battles.
- Damn! yesterday's post that blooger ate was the best post ever.
- Are all religions equally crazy?
- Fuck-me-jig. I urge you to read that for background on United and RFK . I know some of you tuned in expecting I'd have more, but I haven't the heart to comment beyond noting that this is twice this week Kevin Payne has threatened the District, for all the good that will do him, and to note that there are politicians in every jurisdiction not Baltimore (and even there I'm sure) who would LOVE the opportunity of demagoguing a proposal of using state funds for a soccer stadium.
- Maryland tolls.
- This is true: once I move a post from moleskine to digital I compose it first in gmail and mail it to myself since I hate accidentally hitting publish in blooger before I'm ready. Came in handy for another reason this time.
- What the hell happened to Dave Foley.
- On Richard Powers.
- Coover interview.
- Richard Thompson opens for John Prine? What. The Fuck. I've nothing against John Prine, don't mind when I hear him, but Richard Thompson opens for John Prine?
- Bank vault in heaven.
UPON DISCOVERING MY ENTIRE SOLUTION TO THE ATTAINMENT OF IMMORTALITY ERASED FROM THE BLACKBOARD EXCEPT THE WORD 'SAVE'
If you have seen the snow somewhere slowly fall on a bicycle, then you understand all beauty will be lost and that even loss can be beautiful. And if you have looked at a winter garden and seen not a winter garden but a meditation on shape, then you understand why this season is not known for its words, the cold too much about the slowing of matter, not enough about the making of it. So you are blessed to forget this way: jump rope in the ice melt, a mitten that has lost its hand, a sun that shines as if it doesn't mean it. And if in another season you see a beautiful woman use her bare hands to smooth wrinkles from her expensive dress for the sake of dignity, but in so doing reveal the outlines of her thighs, then you will remember surprise assumes a space that has first been forgotten, especially here, where we rarely speak of it, where we walk out onto the roofs of frozen lakes simply because we're stunned we really can.