I love being on vacation but hate going on vacation. I hate the run up to and especially the come down from. Hate loath abhor. Hate.
Here's the itinerary:
- Saturday: Arrive in London approx noon, stay overnight. Hotel is in Kensington.
- Sunday: All day in London.
- Monday: Bus to Cambridge, York, Leeds. Dinner is included so I'm assuming we get to Leeds in time to eat and go to sleep.
- Tuesday: Bus to Jedburgh, Melrose, Edinburgh.
- Wednesday: All day in Edinburgh.
- Thursday: Bus to Lake District, Chester, Wrexham. Dinner is included so see Leeds above.
- Friday: Bus to Stratford, Cardiff.
- Saturday: Bath, Stonehenge, Salisbury, London. Late, I imagine.
- Sunday: Home.
- Monday: Jetlag.
Suggestions sought for the whole day in London and the whole day in Edinburgh.* The girls (did I mention I'm responsible for three eighteen and one seventeen year old girl) will either do what Earthgirl and I am doing or do their own thing. I've been to The Tower and The Tate and The Eye. Earthgirl wants to do this and cool, I know this guy will suggest this and maybe, but all other suggestions solicited!
I know nothing about Edinburgh except that I think Hearts' maroon is motherfucking gorgeous and I want a shirt from the club store. Suggestions, please! Any other general advice re: not getting ripped off in Britain, please. And if you see a white bald American tourist getting off a tour bus in a United sweatshirt, please say Hi.
- Mass bible-based sexual dysfunction as root of the culture wars?
- Pig on pig action.
- Your president.
- As opposed to capitalist extremists exploiting the situation. This was the banner headline in YFWP as I link; you can guess what that means.
- Today's YFWP also has a column by this fat fucker, a Hred Fiatt scolding of Obama, and the presumptive next World's Shittiest Human and current World's Second Shittiest Human again attacks Obama for not putting the interests of Israel ahead of the United States.
- Modern war.
- The post-moral period.
- Obama's base.
- Financial road to serfdom.
- When did the decline begin?
- Police state.
- Frothy mix of fecal matter and lube.
- Perverts and you.
- I hadn't seen Foucault's name in ages.
- Maryland falls behind in race to exploit the poor!
- UPDATE! *Gah* Didn't notice until now the bad e.
- Little Falls!
- Fire Bob Bradley: The “staleness” issue has not been dealt with. There has been nothing new from Bradley. Either he cannot change his thinking, or he doesn’t want to -- it makes no difference, we’ve now had a year in which to see if a “new” Bradley would emerge to give us something different, and he has totally failed to come through. We’re still seeing a team that does not excite and that plays well only when its back is against the wall -- in other words, in games where the players have to take over, and carefully worked-out game plans have to be abandoned. I doubt it’s a bad as Jozy Altidore painted it after the Spain game -- “I mean, you go into every game with a tactical plan and as soon as the game starts, it tends to get thrown out the window ...” but the impression is unmistakable that these guys play better when they can escape the dead hand of Bradley’s tactics. Read the whole takedown.
- I'm a techtard. What's the best way for me to post links to photos so I don't crash motherfucking Blooger with photos (from my new Canon A3300! Like.)? (Also, Planet bought herself a Canon G12 and it's love.)
- Very different from themselves.
- Holyfuck, Holy Fuck is excellent.
- Wish I'd seen this.
- I've never heard of Patrick Wolf, but Sunday I discovered he covers the Kate Bush song I posted Saturday, and shittily too!
- Sounds like a reason to post more Kate Bush. My reaction to the moral crisis is to go back and fall in love again for blindingly selfish reasons.
PLAGUE OF DEAD SHARKS
Who knows whether the sea heals or corrodes? The wading, wintered pack-beasts of the feet slough off, in spring, the dead rind of the shoes' leather detention, the big toe's yellow horn shines with a natural polish, and the whole person seems to profit. The opposite appears when dead sharks wash up along the beach for no known reason. What is more built for winning than the swept-back teeth, water-finished fins, and pure bad eyes these old, efficient forms of appetite are dressed in? Yet it looks as if the sea digested what is wished of them with viral ease and threw up what was left to stink and dry. If this shows how the sea approaches life in its propensity to feed as animal entire, then sharks are comforts, feet are terrified, but they vacation in the mystery and why not? Who knows whether the sea heals or corrodes?: what the sun burns up of it, the moon puts back.