God, that was a horrible soccer game. I'm gonna let this guy do most of the work, adding these bullets:
- Good thing Dallas sucks too.
- The white road kit only emphasizes how shitty the shitty red kit is.
- Kitchen's best game at right back, Hamid's best game in goal.
- Clyde Simms, bless his years of service, is beyond cooked, he's a liability. Those passes from White and McDonald that got intercepted? Most were because Simms can't get to where he needs to be.
- If United has a kangaroo court, they should be fining Chris Pontius $$$ every time he's in the box with the ball on his right foot that he doesn't shoot. Shoot the fucking ball.
- Expect all teams to play the same defense - anyone but De Rossario - here on out.
- It was a shocking reminder to see how thin United is with all the concussed players - Ngwenya? Fred (who will be gone after this Wednesday night's game)? Imagine the trialists and bottom reservists we'll see next Saturday in exhibition v Everton.
Yes, I'd have taken four points before the road trip with glee, yes, the game was played in 150 degree heat index, no, I didn't expect United to break even in possession, but no, I didn't expect them to come out flat. What a shitty game. I expect better this Wednesday night at home v Ningland, the most important three points since the last and until the next.