Even considering yesterday was the day of the first Cracker Theater, Starring Rick The Executioner Perry I would never have bet that the news that a crazed man with a Hispanic surname brandishing an AK-47 shot and killed multiple uniformed American soldiers would get ZERO! play in the national media. Lesson learned.
Didn't watch Cracker Theater, Starring Rick The Executioner Perry. An acquaintance asked me if turning against Obama and the Dems means I'll listen with fresh ears to what Republicans have to say, would I watch the debate, and I politely said no, it's not a balance where one side must rise if the other falls, that's the trap I'm trying to escape. I said, I can't watch it anyway, I have to rearrange my blogrolls.
A friend who always complains that this shitty blog takes too long to load suggested I pare down my blogrolls since they are what hang when he pings the site, and when I said I don't purge he suggested I make more blogrolls instead of loading up the current ones with dozens of sites each, so:
- New Toys was abandoned since the sites there are old toys now; they've been moved up into Because Right.
- I've reduced the number of sites in Because Left and Listening that display when page loads to ten since those tend to update less frequently than the sites in Because Right. You can always expand the blogrolls once the page has loaded.
- Canned Hiatus has been created and consists of sites from Because Left and Because Right that hadn't updated in two months or more, and Canned Hiatus displays only five sites on the page. It's not banishment, it's a resort. I hope they all come back from vacation.
- There is one blog site that hasn't updated in two months that I didn't move to comatose because hopefully we'll have lunch in the next month and his site can be moved up into Me and Mine. Four sites have either shut down completely or have changed their status to invite only and no longer provide a feed, but other than that, no one was purged.
- There are some good new sites in both Becauses and Listening, yo.
- I've also changed from four posts on front page to three.
There! That's onanism I can believe in, much better than a recap of Cracker Theater, Starring Rick The Executioner Perry, yes? at least from where I was sitting. The changes seem to make some small difference in the motherfucking blog loading, and any ideas you have on how to make this blog load faster that doesn't involve posting fewer photos and youtubes please pass them along. As always, if I'm not returning a legitimate Kind, please let me know, as always, suggestions for new sites you think I'd like are solicited, as always, thanks for the Kind.
- Casualties of America's less casual violence.
- The Left must take Obama down.
- It's not laziness, dumbfuck.
- Bless the ACLU.
- I also intend to avoid as much of this weekend's mawkishness as possible.
- An end to empire.
- A friend killed in the wars.
- Mr. Fish's latest:
- Ten things pigs don't want you to know about Zombie Reagan.
- How much does the GOP nomination matter?
- Stuck in a moment.
- Your Fucking Washington Post.
- Bad comedian.
- The reeducation of an American teacher. See yesterday's post for standard disclaimer.
- O! that's Napoleon in the photos in case you don't recognize him from that angle. Stanley and Rose are one-third his size and terrorizing him.
- Butt-slasher may have left area!
- Washington DC has a professional soccer team? It's true, they just haven't played a game in twenty-seven fucking years.
- Go to 16:40 for five minutes of one of my favorite places. I haven't played in months. When I could the weather sucked. This weekend, dammit.
- Oh, that guy who rolled the camera man? That's Craigger. Watch him ace at Duck:
- Yes, yes I have posted today's poem before. I like it.
- Creeley. I posted one of his poems in the past few days. He once was big to me, then gone to me, coming back to me.
- The Plate.
- The Fountain.
- Mathematics Considered as Vice.
- An Offering for Patricia.
- High roller.
- Country freak.
- This week's new releases.
- HOLYFUCK! Stream new Mogwai!
Calm comes from burning. Tall comes from fast. Comely doesn't come from come. Person comes from mask. The kin of charity is whore, the root of charity is dear. Incentive has its source in song and winning in the sufferer. Afford yourself what you can carry out. A coward and a coda share a word. We get our ugliness from fear. We get our danger from the lord.