Of course NPR will deny responsibility, whether they did it or not, but she didn't work for NPR, I said to L at Thursday Night Pints, she was a free-lancer at a sub-contractor, though the broader legal implication is that she was not legally bound to NPR's contractual gag-orders for employees, which means NPR employees are gagged, however selectively enforced. K asked, if she'd attended, organized, a Tea Party gathering, would you have wanted her fired? Mara Eliason attends Tea Party gatherings every Sunday morning on Fox, said L. What's fascinating, I said, is that for however much I'm convinced that Occupy is nothing I've no memory of any time since the last time until the next time Corporate seems genuinely concerned about what some off-script, temporarily uncontrolled people-gathering represents. Shit, said Dennis, if Mara Eliason was spokesperson at a Tea-Party I'd.... once... and walked off to get me and him a pint, K and L a ridiculously priced scotch.
- Today's music brought to you by Hamster, who Kindly reminds us that Charles Ives was born 137 years ago yesterday.
- More Lisa.
- More Lisa.
- Americans for greater inequality!
- Semi-random notes on Occupy.
- One fat reason I resist Occupy.
- The autocratic response.
- Young and old.
- Occupy and Tea Party unite?
- Obama's victory.
- Shockingly, motherfucking ambitious cracker lied.
- Cracker priorities.
- WalMart cutting employee benefits. I didn't know WalMart gave employee benefits.
- This occurred to me too when thinking about the Twinbrook WalMart.
- The coming squirrel famine.
- Twenty great archaic words.
- For the last time until the next time, my favorite post ever.
Late in November, on a single night
Not even near to freezing, the ginkgo trees
That stand along the walk drop all their leaves
In one consent, and neither to rain nor to wind
But as though to time alone: the golden and green
Leaves litter the lawn today, that yesterday
Had spread aloft their fluttering fans of light.
What signal from the stars? What senses took it in?
What in those wooden motives so decided
To strike their leaves, to down their leaves,
Rebellion or surrender? and if this
Can happen thus, what race shall be exempt?
What use to learn the lessons taught by time.
If a star at any time may tell us: Now.