New York officials said on Sunday police had arrested a man trying to build a pipe bomb with instructions from an al Qaeda magazine which he planned to use against U.S. soldiers returning from Iraq and Afghanistan... The suspect - identified as Jose Pimentel, 27 - was charged with three terrorism-related counts and two other counts, court documents said... Beyond soldiers, his intended targets were allegedly police officers and post offices, Police Commissioner Raymond Kelly said at a joint news conference with New York Mayor Michael Bloomberg and District Attorney Cyrus Vance, the chief prosecutor for Manhattan... Pimentel had been under surveillance since May 2009 and was a "lone wolf" who got instructions on building a pipe bomb from "Inspire" magazine, published by al Qaeda in the Arabian Peninsula, Kelly said.
Since 2009! Imperative he be arrested yesterday! Thank god for the NYPD for saving us massive terrorist destruction, please note that the police themselves were the target! A pint to the first of you who catches a motherfucking professional cracker-baiter tagging Pimental "The Occupy Terrorist." Fuck me Christ, here's Rose in the kitchen sink showering off the bullshit:
- What lack dooms movements?
- The ammo may be different but it's the thought that counts.
- How Wall Street views Occupy.
- Fairly standard police procedures.
- Occupy versus police repression.
- Throwing out the masters' tools.
- The occupation of Franklin.
- Curling up into a ball is violent resistance.
- #OccupyAlbany continued arrests under Cuomo curfew. #OccupyBangor Why R U Here? With drummer! #OccupyBoston Interviews with Occupiers. #OccupyChicago twitter stream infested with trolls. Rahm? Dave? #OccupyDC occupies closed homeless shelter DC hopes to develop, makes Pravda. #OccupyIowa Iowa caucus wild card. #OccupyNashville mike checks Rummy at fundraiser. #OccupyNashville link to fake “Nashville Electric Service” van doing surveillance. #OccupyOakland situation fluid as of this writing. West Coast port shutdown December 12 (George Washington). #OccupyPortland: Confluence with single payer advocates. #OccupySeattle Interview with Dorey Rainey. #OccupyWallStreet: "NYPD Don’t Be Wall Street Mercenaries" (May S). (h/t)
- The smell of Corporate fear.
- Glitch in the matrix.
- Liberalism: an ideology of exclusion?
- The Annotated Ann Coulter, part one.
- Do NOT buy me this for Giftmas.
- On the above, or: go ahead, stab yourself in the eye with a pen.
- Poop. I got slapped by Father Meyer when I was twelve when I asked him the same question during a CCD class at St Martins.
- For Thine is the Corporation.
- Darkblack's (last for a while) Sunday Overnight.
- Triumph of life.
FABRICATION OF ANCESTORS
The old wound in my ass
has opened up again, but I
am past the prodigies
of youth’s campaigns, and weep
where I used to laugh
in war’s red humors, half
in love with silly-assed pains
and half not feeling them.
I have to sit up with
an indoor unsittable itch
before I go down late
and weeping to the storm-
cellar on a dirty night
and go to bed with the worms.
So pull dirt up over me
and make a family joke
for Old Billy Blue Balls,
the oldest private in the world
with two ass-holes and no
place more to go to for a laugh
except the last one. Say:
The North won the Civil War
without much help from me
although I wear a proof
of the war’s obscenity.