- Olivier Messiaen was born 103 years ago today.
- Some minor bleggling, more Messiaen, poem, but mailing it in today.
- Chelsea have confirmed that Andre Villas-Boras has asked his players to involve him in goal celebrations. The Portuguese manager made the request at a recent team meeting and a Chelsea spokesman told the Sun: "The manager has asked the players to look across and recognise him and his staff on the bench after a goal. "He believes that by celebrating together it shows we are all in it together. That's the players, the manager, the subs, the staff, the medical people – everyone working and celebrating together."
- I played caption contest comment at a blog - I didn't leave a link back here, I know better to blogwhore where I am not worthy, as soon as I impulsively typed the allusion and pushed plunge I wish I hadn't - I made somebody smad, a reminder that just because I flash to a Gilbert Gottfried set piece twenty years ago on some midnight Saturday cable show of mocking shitty movies doesn't mean everybody else does.
- @BLCKDGRD if you want, if you want me to @You let me know.
- I need bleat 1Q84 can fuck me any way any time. Little People just marched out of the mouth of a sleeping ten year old damaged girl, there's a new second moon, and I read and don't think about Digitalstan for whole minutes at a time. All weekend, I hope.
- Cantique Divan.
- Vision de l'Amer one, two, three, four, five, six, seven. Holyfuck.
Clear night, thumb-top of a moon, a back-lit sky.
Moon-fingers lay down their same routine
On the side deck and the threshold, the white keys and the black keys.
Bird hush and bird song. A cassia flower falls.
I want to be bruised by God.
I want to be strung up in a strong light and singled out.
I want to be stretched, like music wrung from a dropped seed.
I want to be entered and picked clean.
And the wind says “What?” to me.
And the castor beans, with their little earrings of death, say “What?” to me.
And the stars start out on their cold slide through the dark.
And the gears notch and the engines wheel.