Last night, when I was writing about something I won't write about here, the above song was suddenly, loudly, in my head. Furies and Serendipity, yo.
O, Ron Paul. He's yesterday's Occupy, the media-fueled rube's pumice that lets us kayfabe our dirty hands. He's the biggest sideshow ever in American political discourse since the last until the next! Oof! our presumptions have been challenged, we will vote the way we always vote but be more aware we wish there was a third alternative. Who wasn't a homeless schizophrenic sleeping in a city park or a crotchedy old koot who rants about the UN invading Texas and has a documented history of racism*, that is. Ten dreadful months and countless biggest sideshows since and until from now until the start of POTUS16.
- Everything's fine, everyone's fine, all is fine, all is good, in the house of the crazy people with nine cats and garden statuary.
- Thoughts on Graeber's Debt.
- A synopsis of the Clusterfuck.
- Conserving the self in a culture of productive narcissism.
- *For the record, I have no idea whether Ron Paul is a racist or a bigot. I'm glad he's in the race not because he pisses off the professional Right but because he pisses off the professional Left. Yes, I understand he serves Corporate re: his positions on, to name two, American militarism and the War on Drugs; demonize Paul, demonize his policies, reify common wisdom on American militarism and the War on Drugs.
- Ron Paul hysteria.
- Ron Paul calls Newt a chickenhawk.
- The tribe.
- The Apostate Paul and Iowa.
- The greatness of Ron Paul.
- On the above.
- Why are Democrats attacking Ron Paul?
- She who is as shitty takes credit for Paul's not winning, dances on Perry's and Gingrich's graves.
- Ron Paul has two problems.
- The obamafucker.
- More HRC and POTUS16. (h/t)
- Obama is the only true Conservative in the race.
- Obama versus civil liberties.
- The "truth" about Conservatism.
- Civility trolling.
- The collected jokes of Slavoj Zizek!
- MOCO speed cameras. Assuming that photo is of MOCO, identify the location.
- Church of Anthrax.
- Feminist music worlds.
- The 25 most powerful songs of the past 25 years?
- Yo La Tengo Hanukkah show.
If you are a goat, do you believe
What people tell you about
Goats, and eat
There's no goat that foolish.
Or is there?
The goat of the universe believed
What people told him about universes
And came into existence.
Bang! How naive can you get?
Even the scapegoat is not as naive
As (God help him) the universe that
Agreed to exist.
A word to the wise: Don't eat tin cans.
Don't listen. Don't exist.