- Can we synchronize our souls? This song will not leave my head. I blame Stevie Zoom. It's now BLCKDGRD - Theme Song 6.
- Sanctions are to war like foreplay is to....
- Well, if Lindsay Graham, John McCain, and Joe Lieberman are for it, it must be a good idea.
- Syria's curious transformation.
- Of course.
- Robert Reich might have his obamapostasy yet.
- E.J. Dionne will never have his obamapostasy.
- Concerning violence and nailing jello to walls.
- You know, they are motherfucking crackers.
- On the above.
- Of course they're motherfucking crackers.
- On circumscribing the unspoken.
- Romney's billionaire backer hasn't risen to Greenwald's bait yet.
- I need confess I've caught myself thinking of going to a Nat's game or two this year.
- Littell on Blanchot.
- Duplessis is my next poetry assignment.
- Look at Rich's playlist, same set, Archers of Loaf and David Thomas and Two Pale Boys. Now look to the left column, click on the WFMU widget, throw them some coin, it's marathon time.
- Kathleen Edwards live.
- Peter Broderick.
- Stephin Merritt interview.
'The 69 heads of Messerschmidt cast in lead are not heaven.'
'The magnetic cures of Mesmer on the plastic soul are more
difficult to characterize.'
'The heavens of Flanders are like textile in lustrousness -
a bridal textile.'
'We see the classic theme of a woman suffering, with pearl-
sized nipples, pink cotton billowing or nacrous skin
'Here is a perfume burner of Khorasan, a bird sitting on top.'
'Birds perch on heaven habitually. They are not certainty-
I wanted to think into the stricture of appearances.
There was a time when I came close.
To help the problem I changed into a clematis, I changed into
a dog, I changed into a perfumed smoke.
Some of my organs were outside history, which gave me an
Place here the idea of a necessary inconspicuousness.
'This is wrong'
'This is beautiful'
'This is social'
'This is not thinking'
It is the handiwork of appearing only.
This is the topic we discussed in your kitchen this winter.
I said I didn't know what thinking is.
You said you were trying to understand your sense of an
inner voice, which was separate from thinking.
I didn't understand.
I let myself go blank.
I began by taking everything that was doubtful and throwing
it out, like sand.