Yes, I know whose birthday is tomorrow (meaning today) I said when asked by L last night at Thursday Night Pints, Shatner eighty-two today (meaning today). L held Planet when Planet was two and three years old, she suggested I add the St Clairsville video just now (meaning last night in another post) to today's (meaning yesterday's) Planet Birthday Cascade. Know who else has a birthday tomorrow (meaning today), born eigthy-seven years ago tomorrow (meaning today) I asked?
Yes, this Rostropovich bit is ceepeed from last May, apparently I forgot to wiki Slava's birthday then to verify the shitty lists I use for these gags is correct. I said then, Next to piano, I love cello most. Here's Rostropovich playing Shostakovich's Cello Concerto Number 1, first, second, third, fourth movements. Here's him with Benjamin Britten on piano playing Shostakovich's Cello Sonata Opus 40 first, second, third, fourth movements.
- Don't Spock and Frost share a birthday in a week or so, if I remember from last year, said D. Yes, yes they do.
- It's important to remember that even though we fucking hippies were right we were right for the wrong reasons and those who were wrong were wrong for the right reasons. The fucking hippies still need punching. All our former bleggal overlords now paid by Corporate demand order.
- Jesus, you hold a grudge, said K, getting up to buy a round for a twitter bet she made with me and lost.
- Why Mr Fish misses George W Bush.
- Wall Street, War Street.
- Some lies never die.
- Worse than Nixon.
- On my contributing to my surveillance.
- Culture of monsters.
- Maryland Wombat. Hamster sends, wants the youtube, at least the Divine, IT DOESN'T FIT THIS POST, or does fit this post but I can't get past my motherfucking format rules. Tomorrow. This is not the only time this post.
- Climate deniers and the cycle of abuse.
- Only Number Six?
- Number Six?
- Electric Fence.
- Berryman interview.
- Beckett, for those of you who do.
- Archie Ammons.
- Joanna Russ, for those of you who do.
- Celebrity Britten.
- HEY! Mr Alarum's band!
- HEY! Yes, we did see Nick Cave Wednesday night, there is a slideshow, tomorrow maybe, there's no room in this post. Here, a quick review of the concert.
- Every day. And Happy Anniversary!
- (A) Good on Mark and (B) our last dog was named Rudy and (C) this is the fourth time in the past four days I was reminded of the James Tate's Yoko, posted below the Webern.
All today I lie in the bottom of the wardrobe
feeling low but sometimes getting up
to moodily lumber across rooms
and lap from the toilet bowl, it is so sultry
and then I hear the noise of firecrackers again
all New York is jaggedy with firecrackers today
and I go back to the wardrobe gloomy
trying to void my mind of them.
I am confused, I feel loose and unfitted.
At last deep in the stairwell I hear a tread,
it is him, my leader, my love.
I run to the door and listen to his approach.
Now I can smell him, what a good man he is,
I love it when he has the sweat of work on him,
as he enteres I yodel with happiness,
I throw my body up against his,
I try to lick his lips,
I care about him more than anything.
After we eat we go for a walk to the piers.
I leap into the standing warmth, I plunge into
the combination of old and new smells.
Here on a garbage can at the bottom, so interesting,
what sister or brother I wonder left this message I sniff.
I too piss there, and go on.
Here a hydrant there a pole
here's a smell I left yesterday, well that's disappointing
but I piss there anyway, and go on.
I investigate so much that in the end
it is for form's sake only, only a drop comes out.
I investigate tar and rotten sandwiches, everything, and go on.
And here a dried old turd, so interesting
so old, so dry, yet so subtle and mellow.
I can place it finely, I really appreciate it,
a gold distant smell like packed autumn leaves in winter
reminding me how what is rich and fierce when excreted
becomes weathered and mild
but always interesting
and reminding me of what I have to do.
My leader looks on and expresses his approval.
I sniff it well and later I sniff the air well
a wind is meeting us after the close July day
rain is getting near too but first the wind.
being outside with you, active, investigating it all,
with bowels emptied, feeling your approval
and then running on, the big fleet Yoko,
my body in its excellent black coat never lets me down,
returning to you (as I always will, you know that)
filling myself out with myself, no longer confused,
my panting pushing apart my black lips, but unmoving,
I stand with you braced against the wind.