- Well, (a) today's links will be stale tomorrow (though I was going to save them until tomorrow) and (b) Sparks was just put in my head, this song in particular, be in yours, and, most importantly, (c) once a think of a gag that make me laugh I'm incapable of not posting it immediately.
- Passing Chomsky on the way out, part three.
- The Crimean "crisis" and Western bias.
- CAP and White House: a reminder.
- Self-controlled crows.
- Surveillance by Barbed Wire.
- Purple Line! Bhattman is an asshole.
- No, I did not remove the blogroll titles, blooger did it this morning after I removed the WFMU Marathon widget, weird.
- It also appears to have disappeared the hover over for link ID functionality, I've no idea what I did.
- On a Hill, part one.
- On a Hill, part two.
- Happy Birthday, Nina Hagen.
- Prunella's latest playlist.
- Three hours of Sparks.
- There's a new Sparks double-album greatest hits, and like, fuck yeah.
- Easily one of the five most posted songs ever at this shitty blog, this is this shitty blog's Mission Statement:
A cigarette kiss in the desert. The wind-proof arc
of flame sparks inside the speeding Buick. Menthol:
a break from the monotony of highway nicotine—
most intimate of drugs. Make this mean sorrow
or thermodynamics, whatever small gesture
there is time for. Light another one, the vainglorious
interstate dusk and ash—the long, silver tooth.
This shirtless abandon, this ninety-mile-an-hour
electric laugh. The edges of windshield, haphazard
chatter. The clatter of the hubcap and the thunderclap:
the white-hot retinal memory of your life as a Joshua tree.
Permanence in the passenger seat. This long haul,
this first drag—nothing like cinnamon, nothing
like the iron taste on the back of your mortal tongue.