- Yes, much of this - I've added links since - posted briefly Friday morning. Was pulled down and a lengthy, as in vertically long, static was briefly posted. That was pulled down for the Egoslavian State of the Union.
- Photo through window of side door during January's snow storm, or: I was asked to join two friends Firday night for drinks and potusclusterfuck arguments.
- The invitation came as I watched a looping gif of Hillary Clinton hugging a prop - a Latina child - HRC telling the prop to let HRC do the worrying.
- The contempt and revulsion I felt towards her shocked me.
- Planet flew home yesterday, she has an interview in Bawlmer on Monday, it's all very sudden. I picked her up at BWI at five and then the three of us ate at Ruan Thai and enjoyed a quiet night at home, so I didn't have to tell my friends: Sorry, I'm skipping tonight's potusclusterfuck pinting because I don't want to talk about my frightening contempt and revulsion at Hillary Clinton, thanks.
- Though I would have if I'd had to.
- Let me repeat: my contempt and complete revulsion at Hillary Clinton, who is simply the current avatar of the team I stupidly worshiped for decades (UPDATE! Saturday night since tomorrow is an Egoslavian High Holy Day: Bill talking, same; Obama talking, always but especially now that he's a lame duck, trolling the right, fuck you much too), is cowardly transference of contempt and revulsion at me for decades of worshiping a team of Upper Management grifters.
- So I've learned nothing.
- Not even wrong.
- Hillary Clinton, liberal virtue, cult of the microloan.
- UPDATE! Periodic reminder my pro-Bernieness is based solely on his pissing off Clinton and Clinton supporters. Otherwise, he's -.06% less shitty than Clinton's -.06% less shittiness.
- UPDATE! Saturday night (since Sunday is a High Egoslavian Holy Day): while driving Planet from airport we talked potusclusterfuck, at dinner the three of us talked potusclusterfuck, none of us like Clinton (Earthgirl almost as much as me, Planet catching up), all of us think Clinton will win potus.
- Bare life and the coming civil war.
- Why hasn't everything disappeared?
- Raiders' dawn.
- Iraq was better under Saddam.
- The environmental consequences of war.
- The Koch Brothers new brand.
- Donald Trump and the chance for a moral test.
- The reproach of hunger.
- This week in water.
- Was the internet worth it?
- Frances' article on Peltier.
- Why the hell did Ed buy Vollmann's Argall?
- I finished Vollmann's Dying Grass. I don't do reviews. My favorite dream since Fathers and Crows.
- I've not read anyone smarter on power. No one I've read understands assholes better - how they think, how they rationalize, how they moralize, how they operate, why they operate they way the do, and why they rule the world - than Vollmann.
- I can turn you on if I like and you ask nice.
- You are not obligated to finish a book I give you, though you are obligated to give it a fair chance.
- Yo La Tengo w Alvin Lucier!
- Kurtag born 90 years ago yesterday.
BOTTLES IN THE BOMBED CITY
They gave the city a stroke. Its memories
are cordoned off. They could collapse on you.
Water leaks into bricks of the Workers’ century
and every meaning is blurred. No word in Roget
now squares with another. If the word is Manchester
it may be Australia, where that means sheets and towels.
To give the city a stroke, they mixed a lorryload
of henbane and meadowsweet oil and countrified her.
Now Engels supports Max, and the British Union
of beautiful ceramics is being shovelled up,
blue-green tiles of the Corn Exchange,
umber gloss bricks of the Royal Midlands Hotel.
Unmelting ice everywhere, and loosened molecules.
When the stroke came, every bottle winked at its neighbour.