- At home with Benjamin Britten on his birthday. Born 103 years ago today.
- Vale. Images from North Dakota.
- Another outrage from North Dakota. Fucking Trump - this would never happen if Obama was still president, or any Democrat!
- Motherfucking Democrats.
- Motherfucking Democrats: We also used Hillary’s devotion to inflicting continuous austerity on the working class to explain to a European audience how dysfunctional her enablers in the media and her campaign became. The fact that Paul Krugman was so deeply in her pocket by the time she tripled down on austerity that he did not call her out on why austerity was terrible economics and terrible policy shows us the high cost of ceasing to speak truth to power. The fact that no Clinton economic adviser had the clout and courage to take her aside and get her to abandon her threat to inflict further austerity on the working class tells us how dysfunctional her campaign team became. I stress again that Tom Frank has been warning the Democratic Party for over a decade that the policies and the anti-union and anti-working class attitudes of the New Democrats were causing enormous harm to the working class and enraging it. But anyone who listened to Tom Frank’s warnings was persona non grata in Hillary’s campaign. Read this whole thing, please.
- Hoax versus ideology.
- We are all deplorables.
- Listening to Trump.
- Why the media cannot deal effectively with Donald Trump: The concept of “newsworthy” is antiquated in an age where everyone knows that the stuff that’s really newsworthy no one will look at.
- You'll have to take my word on this, but I read that line above this morning (got it through this morning's links at Naked Capitalism), finally finished the poem below last night.
- This too shall pass. I agree: be Kind, motherfuckers.
- God Helmet.
[Tell me I'm wrong...]
Tell me I'm wrong: kayfabe is extinct.
It skipped obsolescence.
Was all and then was silly.
never did shit for survival.
I deserve what I get.