- Me ▲ yesterday.
- I don't feel like doing Paul Westerberg and Patti Smith birthday posts, OK?
- It's the one on the right, my left in real life, that's the problem. Fortunately, and unrelatedly, I'd trimmed my owlbrows the day before.
- I also suffer finemetaphorabounditus. My eyes can be fixed - probably - with simple laser surgery. The other? probably requires a finemetaphoraboundectomy. It removes the diseased parts but also destroys healthy cells nearby. Some days my finger hovers over the Fuck It plunger.
- On Left melancholia: Ten days ago at Cornell I was asked to take part in a debate on the theme 'Is Trump a fascist?’ I answered ‘Trump is as much a fascist as Occupy Wall Street or Nuit Debout are communist!’ There is no possible genealogy between these movements. Such a void in the memory is perhaps the result of my generation’s failures."
- Our digital idiocy.
- Who says 2017 can't be worse?
- Something about this Russia story stinks.
- Outlasting the Emperor day by day.
- The Most Important Books of the Last Twenty Years? Any list that has two C.D. Wrights, two Anne Carsons, and two Ishiguros (including The Unconsoled) isn't discountable.
- My standing offer of buying you - if you ask nice and I like you - Wright's Stealing Away, Carson's The Autobiography of Red, or Ishiguro's The Unconsoled still stands.
- None of the year end musician death lists - this one, for instance - mention Alan Vega. It also didn't mention C.D. Wright.