I got socks & pistachios, a new coffee-maker, a ! woodcut, a ! poster, a clock of my neighborhood (I live at the compass), a pickling jar, quill & inks! an excellent haul.
I've two stories from yesterday I wish I could share with you. Both are sweet, make me smile, neither a winking-snark I imply I want to but can't share with you. I'm trying not to do that winking-snark shit anymore, how'm I doin? One story I'll share if I write it right. The other I might if I write it right and get necessary OKs. If you don't see anything it's not I didn't try.
O, Olive - she's also still a kitten (she's sixteen months old), Earthgirl and I are playing with her as much as we can (still not enough for Olive) but her being bored, as much or more than MomCat being in the house, may be the issue. I moved the piano and found all her pipe-cleaner toys, she's chirping this morning, not hissing.
- Run of birthdays starting tomorrow until the 31st the New Year's Day George's New Year's Day song.
- Waiting for registration.
- Against the politics of fear. One of my Hillaryite Colleagues constantly badgers me for not being more agitated at what's potentially coming down the road. Is weird, I say: somehow the lack of a vibrant, viable alternative gives me resignation, if not peace.
- Though the overwrought disappointment at Olive's heel-turn is related.
- As is the posting on the three or four slowest days - slower than Thanksgiving this year - in Blegsylvania, though I don't take it as personally as once.
- Fake news and the post-Trump media.
- Pynchon's Christmas bugs.
- I understand how the people following me on twitter goes up and down - bots and non-bots follow and leave - but how does the number of people I follow change if I don't add or delete anyone? I even understand how it could go down - perhaps twittercides disappear when they self-disappear - but how does the number of followers go up if I add nobody?
- On Alice Notley's Benediction. I can vouch.
CLINICAL THERMOMETER SET WITH MOONSTONE
I don’t have any sentiments
would somebodything thirst my quench
about my mediocrity of character? I dance
with the dead divinely
in my dreams
I’m stricken deaf when I mention it my babies
cry they want everything quick! here. un-
as character should be
like the purpurine it needs must be carved in,
Have you heard of the roguess elephant with the
brilliant diamond eyes? She is the puppet
of the dictionary
where is her beautiful orange
When your father dies
he doesn’t let you swoon
into aventurine or spray
of lily (pearls) of the valley
you do not bifurcate
play yourself to your camp heroine
self—play it Lady play
but delete no matter
thank you for breakfast
today we will visit with the ear syringe
be the current density
I love you as a fan loves air. oops it’s I
told you about that
She is a bezel
awaiting the plop of a
ruby she must grow
and I can’t end and I can’t lie
He held him in his own heart thenmay I in my eye now me