- Forgive my new tic, but I am telling you three times (hit me up for Vollmann's Dying Grass): we're being reprogrammed pragmatically for realistic life in the Assholocene.
- Goons and an old joke.
- The Return of the Repressed.
- Bauman on being outside.
- Ailes is a symptom, not the disease.
- Incredible sorcery ≠ credible sources.
- Crimes and misdemeanors.
- Yes, the Stroke Walking post bombed. I like Sparks. I love Richard Youngs.
- This is how small I am: after the post about Landru's phone call with a DC United ticket agent and the death of LOUD SIDE! I emailed United. I emailed United from a different email than they had on file, on purpose. I never revealed my name - if you want to know it's at the bottom of this shitty blog. I pretended interest in joining Screaming Eagles.
- Landru, in comments, said that when he asked the ticket agent who had called where Supporters Clubs would go in the new stadium the ticket agent tried to sell the wonders of end-zone seating but would not definitively confirm the death of LOUD SIDE!
- Here's what the ticket agent emailed back: I wanted to follow up on the email you sent us regarding memberships with the Screaming Eagles. I'm happy to help you out in any way possible. To answer your question, our Suppoter Section will be located directly behind the net in Audi Field.
- Audi bought naming and branding rights to new stadium.
- Of course I forwarded the email to Landru and he can vouch I typed exactly what ticket agent typed me.
- When new stadium ground was broke at Buzzard Point video was shot of Screaming Eagle leaders doing ritual spitting against Metros.
- For all I know most in the Supporters Clubs are realistic, pragmatic, fine and down with it.
- One thing great about long-timing in a section: every year is different same.
- I never joined a Supporters Club - I don't join any clubs but our secret one here - I wanted interactive tribalism without tainting my independence by club dues and tailgating.
- Why would you go to your club's game and not stand?
- I bet there are some in Barra who were disgusted on Day One of United they weren't in an end-zone curve as all great Supporters Clubs are.
- I'm glad DC United stays in DC for United fans' sake.
- Landru has promised to consider an effort - hey, you too, SeatSix - to go to one more Saturday night game at RFK. I'm curious who's still there in 232, on up and down ramps between circles, in line for a pint.
- United could not survive at RFK, may thrive in new stadium.
- They play in a league with 73 teams, 59 get into the playoffs.
- There's quitting, quitting quitting, quitting quitting quitting infinity.
- Not anger, at last. I was am and will be a fool.
I can just hear them
on the telephone and keening
all their kissy little knives
or voraciously taking turns
nursing a lie
still in its early white whisperhood
and I could do something
bad back to them
someday, I guess—
Exclusion doesn’t hurt
that much, in fact
I’ve visited the stars on foot
Come disdain of the dreamhand for grammar
and fame, this Boston’s
gothic chilly April
night (new leaves the color
of her eyes) beloved
real world, oh
Light green eyes dusk distant
tolling now fading
I was loved, always
And then they wounded me