Yesterday I heard this blog's Theme Song Number 8 used as bed for SubWay's commercial for a foot-long teriyaki-chicken sub.
The above is a great song, isn't Theme Song Number 8, but is me.
I don't know if any of Soft Boys get a nickel for song's usage, but I don't begrudge them the nickel (and he promise of future pennies) if they signed contract for nickels.
I never heard the song unless I played it for thirty-five years, it's completely possible it's bedded countless TV shows and commercials many times between 1980 and now. I bet it was, actually.
I don't begrudge any nickels Soft Boys earned if yes.
I wonder what percentage of people who heard the song in a shitty TV dramedy knew the band was Soft Boys.
This would explain how an ad executive in 2017 chose a Soft Boys song I never hear unless I play it.
I once suffered chronic this band was great until dopes loved them ism. If I knew in the 80s and 90s the song was used in countless shitty TV dramedies and commercials it would never be made this shitty blog's Theme Song Number 8.
To honor that kneejerkiness I won't post that Soft Boys song tonight while confirming it will remain this shitty blog's Theme Song Number 8.
- Rest in Peace, Edmond Caldwell. A good and Kind guy to me, in our digital minutes together.
- Jake reviews Ed's novel. I can vouch for the novel.
- Those who resist: on DSA and IWW in Cville.
- Nativism needs fake history.
- White whine.
- Doxxing racists.
- Getting over in the heart of Dixie.
- You are the product: Facebook and you.
- Fascism's pincer: A discredited ruling ideology, declining standards of living, the memory of lived prosperity and absolute despair for the future: this is as toxic a society as you can imagine. Now add to that waves of immigrants fleeing the storms and heat waves of South and Central America. An increasingly violent, increasingly militarized border, and an increasingly aggressive ICE. The continued decline of white Americans into a national minority. And a wealthy elite, controlling the most powerful propaganda apparatus in history, desperate to find a scapegoat for the country's ongoing deterioration.
- Reminder: people are digging this. It's a feature, not bug.
- When a superpower leads with its chin.
It’s very hard
I’ll say that for
of many desires
not just map.
to the grandpa
bunny bunny school
I mean genesis
is a form
in the sunny
time. A horny
bet. Or else
lolling around the fire
what did you
get. How can
we avoid it.
a speech.” Long limbed
in July. Aren’t
we lucky to have
other in this
hideous neon light.