I'll be picking up coat and blanket donations in Laurel this afternoon and the Peoples Republic of Arlington Sunday morning (thanks!), please send me an email if you want to help with either product or delivery or if you want my cell in case you might want to play but can't commit to a time yet - I'll be offline much of today after twelve. Drop-off at Freedom Plaza tomorrow needs be by one at the latest.
And a slight defense of old complicit fucks like me: I haven't internalized my external knowledge that all is past repair, meaning I haven't internalized that nothing has broke that could ever be repaired. Everything has always been and will always be brute negotiation. I think any moment is as good as humans can do and think any moment is as good as humans can be, as shitty as both often are.
- I'd asked day or two ago if anyone knew anyone who knew Silber, if he was OK, and yesterday he posted. Not claiming any connection - he has no idea this shitty blog exists. Send him some coin if you can.
- Impertinent questions.
- I hear they smoke the barbeque.
- On Occupy Where.
- Occupy the Koch Brothers.
- Occupy DC.
- The globalization of protest.
- Window-smashers v window-dressers.
- My theory of spontaneous similitude.
- Power v -
- Parlor game theory.
- All is meta.
- YFPW hates Social Security.
- The most stenchiful time of the year, or: your tags suck balls.
- Wait, what? Qatari investors have ploughed millions of euros into the Ligue 1 leaders since buying the club in May and the 36-year-old former England captain, whose Los Angeles Galaxy contract ends in the coming weeks, is seen as a key target. His Galaxy team-mate Landon Donovan has said the players are "assuming" Beckham, who has the right to buy an MLS franchise when he retires, will renew his contract with the LA club. Emphasis mine, because what the fuck does that mean?
- I've been thinking about, listening to, Paul Simon for the past three weeks: I heard, this is true, Mother and Child Reunion, what a great song, while filling up the rental car at a gas station in downtown Coshocton Ohio on my favorite day of the year since the last until the next, so I gleefully grasp at serendipity to note that Art Garfunkel is (holyfuck) 70 today:
I've pressed so
far away from
my desire that
if you asked
me what I
want I would,
accepting the harmonious
completion of the
drift, say annihilation,