Normally I'd gleefully rush to post a new Lambchop song, Lambchop in the inner circle of rotating bands and musicians in My Sillyass Deserted Island Game (which Jim serendipitously mentioned on twitter yesterday the same day I discovered a new Lambchop song), but the new Lambchop song released yesterday, meh!, that's now 0 for 2 of new songs from the as yet unreleased new Lambchop album (pre-ordered already at Bandcamp), this happened recently in fiction (the new Vollmann novel just sucks) and poetry (the new Ruefle doesn't suck but doesn't sing), strange days, the fuck is wrong with me, but it hasn't happened with my cats, have last night's Naploaf, this guy more indoor each passing day
- The Gonzo Constitutionalism of the American Right: Over the last several years, liberals and Democrats have characterized the power (and the threat) of the GOP in a particular way: Trump and the Republicans are seen as lawless enemies of the Constitution who rely on a combination of rabid rhetoric and mobilized masses to wreak havoc upon established institutions. It’s true that Trump’s tweets are toxic; the thrum of his rallies is ominous; the violence and possibility of more violence are unnerving. But that’s not, in the main, where Trump’s power, or the Republican Party’s, lies. The unsettling fact of the current regime is that it depends, ultimately, not upon these bogeymen of democracy—not on demagoguery, populism, or the masses—but upon the constitutional mainstays we learned about in high-school civics. The most potent source of the GOP’s power is neither fascism nor authoritarianism; it is gonzo constitutionalism.
- Capitalism versus democracy
- The Road to Revolution
- Helmetball is and will forever be the best metaphor for US: College football is all the ugliest facets of U.S. society: unapologetic racism, violence, raw exploitation, and endless harm all so that powerful people and institutions can make a buck. It’s no wonder that Trump literally shouted out his complicity in restarting the Big Ten season during the Presidential Debate.
- Why imperialists work to keep populations propagandized
- Yes, today in duh, Hunter Biden is corrupt
- Today in Rhetorical Questions!
- An American lynching
- I am telling you three times, this motherfucking cracker gonna cracker your life for decades
- Now I am become death
- Avedon Carol's occasional links
- Massive balls
- On The Recognitions, I've bought the new NYRB edition, my 1974 Bard/Avon mass-market can't survive another rereading
- A beginner's guide to Coil
A PERFECT MESS