No bleggal hiatus, though hopefully less compulsive aargh, or at least less compulsive arrgh driven by personal arrgh, but probably not. And while the threatened increase in bleggalgazing reeled in the desired effect, for now I'll just giggle and introduce what's now by edict designated Bleggalgazing Anthem 2:
- American exceptionalism.
- Give me your tired, wretched analogies.
- The global ruling class.
- Financial aristocracy.
- Technophilia v technophobia.
- I must confess, I don't give a flying fuck.
- Bad luck with that.
- Do not give to the United Way. (h/t drip in a comment at a friend's blog.)
- Blooger is still skeevy, so still no rotating Fleabus masthead. I kind of like the look now, which doesn't mean Fleabus won't return both in posts and on masthead once blooger decides it's going to fix its skeeviness.
- DeMarcus Motherfucking Beasley? Gah.
- New libraries. I drive by the new Tenleytown one everyday; it's excellent.
- Somebody in the NYT lists his Top Ten Composers. The dope includes Wagner (though to his credit he includes Bartok.
- One man's opinion on Wagner.
THE SNOW MAN
One must have a mind of winter To regard the frost and the boughs Of the pine-trees crusted with snow; And have been cold a long time To behold the junipers shagged with ice, The spruces rough in the distant glitter Of the January sun; and not to think Of any misery in the sound of the wind, In the sound of a few leaves, Which is the sound of the land Full of the same wind That is blowing in the same bare place For the listener, who listens in the snow, And, nothing himself, beholds Nothing that is not there and the nothing that is.