- So, no rejection notice yet for my submission to Greywolf Press. Deadline for submissions was December 15, I expected the fuckyouyousuck on the 16th. What's the fucking delay?
- Also too:
- The limits of Schadenfreude.
- Thoroughly postmodern terrorism.
- Today's stupidass Star Trek allusion: That scene in late DS9 when Ezri tells Worf how fucked his loyalty to a dishonorable Klingon empire is? I just ezried a Hillaryite, and HE is not going to challenge Gauron.
- My apologies, my anger as an apostate still feels good. So yes, it's gone. I can tell when work is bad because I can't read novels I can't read short stories I can barely read poems so I end up paying attention to shit I should ignore.
- Be Bop Deluxe! by request for Bill Nelson's birthday!
- Short stories - I have Barry Hannah's Airships. The Lucia Berlin DID NOT WORK. I didn't think the Barry Hannah worked after reading three stories yesterday but I woke up this morning thinking about one of the stories, so there's a sprig of......
- New PJ Harvey album this coming Spring!
- TODAY IS BILL NELSON'S 67th BIRTHDAY!
He is the nervous hunter.
Words, women, whisky, even wisdom,
are his game; he admits
to no favorite order.
He follows any road,
looking at everything.
No tree escapes his inspection,
and horses are not safe either.
The week his baldness
assaults the radio; next;
his wine rusts an island, a junta
feels the weight of his cigar.
Back and forth he wanders,
asking questions. He ought to have
a greasy grey felt hat
pushed back on his head. Perhaps he has.
I can see those shoes of his
plumb in the middle of a forest;
that hand grabbing a beer
at the north pole; that wet cigar
shining, just like a bloody star.