A Hillaryite Colleague (one of two and distinct from my Hillaryite Friend) wanted to be sure I knew that Sanders' Secret Service detail is costing taxpayers $38K per day, what a motherfucking egotist. I've explained before to this Hillaryite Colleague that a person can simultaneously not be pro-Sanders and still be rabidly anti-Clinton. I said, how do you think that piece in the Post got published when it was published? Do you think the journalist thought, Hey, Sanders' Secret Service detail, the motherfucking egotist is scamming me, the American taxpayer, and journalist went and sold the angle to his editor and shazam, front page clickbait? A story that had for its punchline a lifelong Clinton henchman saying something like, Yeah, those amenities that come with running for President, sometimes it's hard for motherfucking egotists to give them up. A story which is certified bullshit? HC said, are you saying Clinton ordered the story, wrote the story? I said, I'm saying the Clinton Syndicate's fucking petty and assholishly ruthless in offing perceived enemies from the left - please, don't Warren me - is meat-grinder famous, and this story is nothing if not fucking petty and assholishly ruthless, it has their bloody fingerprints all over it. They hope you know. They want you to know. Hillaryites know - and approve, look at the tweets! And more than that, Clinton's bosses want you to know. HC said, the fuck? I do wonder, I said, why Clinton picked today to order Trump to fire Lewandowski. HC said, fucking Bernie Bros.
- Lalo Schifrin, composer of Mannix theme, born 84 years ago today. Bernie Kopell ▲ , creator of Siegfried, my digital avatar forever, born 83 years ago today. He was also Jerry in That Girl.
- Standard line about me, 1965, I'm six, TV toggled from B/W to color, the good created, the damage done.
- Belief and family.
- We buried the disgraceful truth. On continual war.
- Mob shaming.
- On social sadism.
- In praise of hate: We, those of us broadly on the progressive side of this argument, shouldn't be so quick to disown all that. It is as impossible to conceive of justice without punishment as it is perverse sexuality (most sexuality) without that idea lurking somewhere. Justice requires sanction. And the idea of a pristine, bloodless ritual of punishment, safeguarded by a division of functions, is a modern illusion. Its result is ironically that we punish more, with less satisfaction: we always feel short-changed. To disavow our aggressive impulses, our desire to punish, our rage, is to engage in a dubious operation of externalisation. There are at least two ways in which we can externalise 'evil' in this sense. We can, as Fanon suggested, project our aggression onto a racial Other, finding in them all that is bestial and barbaric in our own behaviour and desires. That is Farage and the faraginous hordes behind him. Or, we can project it onto those who we believe to be the racist hordes (whether they are or not doesn't necessarily affect the degree of projection).
- This is your illusion of freedom.
- Massive fart-in.
- No one knows what will happen.
- The thing about bombing Syria.
- On translations and prizes.
- Two obituaries.
- Six of us now for Pere Ubu this Friday at Rock & Roll Hotel on H! Join us! Songs today off playlist from their show two days ago in Louisville. Let me know if I can buy you a ticket.
There is a
we feel, having
there is a
Set one out
like a bait goat
and wait and
But watch out:
roving packs can
pull your word
find your stake
yanked and some