- Posted for the zillioninth time. It's the second most-posted Delgados song here.
- 2560 (Articles of Faith).
- And reduce the surplus population.
- My generation got the best ever world (peak human optimism) and, regardless whether we had handbrakes on sled and failed or we won the inevitability lottery and had no say, the slide to extinction began on our watch.
- Death to the Either/Or.
- We - the animal - deserve what we get.
- The GOP is a zombie, the Democrats a ghost: The Republican Party steers the ship of state toward an iceberg, and from below decks, Steny Hoyer gleefully cackles that this sure is gonna reflect badly on the captain.
- I cannot gauge how much anger at real life motherfuckery (eyes, knees, work) taints anger at oligarchal clusterfuckery and more importantly visa-versary, I just know every fucking thing runs banshee all the fucking time, it never fucking stops (except when hiking with Earthgirl (and now not even then now and then when hiking in my head)) and fucking I.
- We are being rewired.
- That noise I feel.
- A theological reflection on the repeal of Obamacare (h/t that dog at the first link).
- I have not read one of the Gospels in at least twenty years. Nothing more than just occurred to me.
- One of the oldest gags at this shitty blog was posting a artist rendering of the true face of Jesus. I don't want to link to it, but the guy was brown.
- Dennis the Peasant is 74 today:
- Ahaha, as Nez Perce warrior victoriously laughs as he shoots a Bluecoat off Bluecoat's horse PIM! in Vollmann's Dying Grass, it's slaying me, slowly.
- Horses talk, hinimi!
- Now would be a good time to read a Vollmann novel. One of the five of seven Dreams, yes yes yes, but also Royal Family, or maybe, especially, if you won't dream, Central Europe. I can help you out.
- Vollmann understands the animal we are, that we are animals, rutting, yes, but thinking too, especially.
- I have just killed the buzz I had on rereading Dying Grass.
- I have just killed the buzz I could have had on rereading Central Europe.
- We are being rewired.
- This shitty blog is nothing if not a visiting of stations in their rote turn in their rote order, like the mule I am, unable to yoke without grindstones. A post like this is likely followed by remorse I posted this post and sullen silence for the weekend. Let's watch.
- Such a good album, some tweet put this song in my head last night:
YOU ALWAYS PROMISED ME A ROSE GARDEN
Thank you America for inviting me to indulge
In your wish fulfillment fantasies
And for inducing me to occupy myself perpetually
With mere illusions instead of striving
To find a solution for the real problems of life
Thank you for reminding me that you aren't there
So that I can treat you as my intimate friend
And if your tone seems nervous, constrained, embarrassed
As though you were speaking always about yourself
It is because you have created a middle kingdom
For yourself and your creations
Which is forever remote from my world
But into which you would be ready to award me
Extra-territorial entry rights, leaning forward
To speak to me over the footlights
In a language I would never be able to understand.