- Motherfucking Democrats.
- Clapping for apartheid.
- If Jeffrey Goldberg were a Palestinian.
- World's Shittiest Human, shittier than normal.
- Revolutionary roads.
- Da man.
- A frothy mix of lube and fecal matter. Does FMLFM really think he has a chance to be POTUS? cause if he does he's motherfucking crazy. If he wants the attention, wants to play the game, wants to raise money, wants to force the eventual Pig candidate to the right, OK, but does he really think he has a chance to be POTUS?
- I know it's not an original name, but this guy needs be called Fuckface.
- Rotten apple.
- America will be Serbia by 2030: Of course, there are plenty of Serbs in Serbia and in the Serbian part of Bosnia who will regard the decision by Boris Tadic and his government to finally arrest Mladic as treason. These are people who will not admit, even if presented with ample and clear evidence, that he or any other Serb committed any crimes in that war, or, for that matter, in any other war they ever fought.
- Placebo effect.
- Why humanitarian intervention isn't.
- Wish was father to the thought.
- Things people need to stop believing.
- K asked me about my comment on the retirement of one of our Stringtown Blegsylvanian superstars, do I really think people will copycat bleggalcide (I paraphrase), and I said no, not many, not that dramatically, it'll be more that the pace of withering that's already taking place will pick up, especially since it's summer. D said, you seem to be over your doldrums. I said it's because of perceived slights, real or imagined, it's the same as when I wrote term papers, the one I wrote for you on Alexander Pope, for instance. That won me last night's round of ridiculously priced scotch which I gave to D because scotch tastes like motherfucking Nyqil to me.
- District redistricting.
- It's not North Bethesda, it's Rockville.
- St Benny of Olsen.
- Stupidest Next Generation episode ever (mind, I can't watch seasons one and two, so there might be stupider there, though that's both easy and hard to believe).
- I am fifty-one years old. That's at least the tenth time in eight years of blogging I've used that joke. I will use it an eleventh. Blerg!
- John Barth is eighty-one today. If not one of my desert island five, certainly in my desert island ten, and Sot-Weed Factor is in permanent reading rotation (2012 next).
- Name that novel!
- A Vida Avida.
- Siouxie makes me think of HBV. I know one other person who loves this song. Once there, listen to the rest of the album, yes?
- When I think of HBV I think of The Januaries. I do like this Thievery Corporation remix, though someday I'll learn how to take a CD I own, burn it to a PC, and post a song.
- Bruce Cockburn is sixty-six today.
WE WHO ARE YOUR CLOSEST FRIENDS
we who are your closest friends feel the time has come to tell you that every Thursday we have been meeting as a group to devise ways to keep you in perpetual uncertainty frustration discontent and torture by neither loving you as much as you want nor cutting you adrift your analyst is in on it plus your boyfriend and your ex-husband and we have pledged to disappoint you as long as you need us in announcing our association we realize we have placed in your hands a possible antidote against uncertainty indeed against ourselves but since our Thursday nights have brought us to a community of purpose rare in itself with you as the natural center we feel hopeful you will continue to make unreasonable demands for affection if not as a consequence of your disastrous personality then for the good of the collective
No season two at all? Matter of Honor, Measure of a Man, freaking Borg? Damn, old sir, you're picky. Plus, Space Irish! (sure, there's the obligatory Lwaxana episode amidst other crapitude, but hey, drinking game, hold the Nyquil.)ReplyDelete
Two words: Diana Muldaur.ReplyDelete
I hated both the episodes she was in in the original Star Trek. I've never seen an L.A. Law episode, though I'm told she fell into an empty elevator shaft. Yay!
Don't know why, but she has that effect on me.
I foolishly read the comments at Krauthammers.
One fellow was insisting that we should stop "criticizing Bush and move one", and that Krauthammer had great insight. Apparently the fact that Krauthammer is criticizing the position held by Bush is lost on such folks.
You seem to have no comprehension of how profoundly stupid FMLFM is.ReplyDelete
Also. Fuckface (which gives him too much credit) was way better with the mullet. http://minnesotaindependent.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/09/mullet5.jpg
I think Seasons 1 and 2 have their charms. But anyway, I love "Time's Arrow"! I mean, it has some embarrassing moments (Jack London), but come on. Love those aliens. And time travel paradoxes. Come on.ReplyDelete
Also, if you think it's the stupidest TNG episode ever, you need to be sat down Clockwork Orange-style with "Sub Rosa" and, god have mercy on your soul, "Cost of Living."
Maybe stupidest ever is too strong, though it IS the episode when I first thought, jeebus, it's downhill from here.ReplyDelete
And just to prove I'm a grumpy old man, after the 237th dip in the old time travel paradox plot twist (as in Tasha's Romulan daughter who looks exactly like her mother except for the pointy ears), gah. And Mark Twain. Gah.
But yes, this (and any episode featuring Alexander) sucked, and this (and most but not all Beverly-centered episodes) was fuckawful.
But if not for Deep Throat as Mark Twain, there would never have been this!ReplyDelete
There are far stupider episodes than "Time's Arrow," and I'll take the cheap and rare opportunity to cheerfully and unreservedly agree with Ethan. "Sub Rosa" certainly would've been my off-the-top-of-the-brain choice for dumbest fucking TNG horseshit ever, hands down, although that late-series one with Deanna's brain being occupied by some terrorist brain entity thing (itself a ripoff of some crappy episode where some alien telepathically rapes her) would be a contender if everything about Gates McFadden weren't so fucking repulsive, with the exception of her not being Diana Muldaur.ReplyDelete
I know you have a special relationship with time travel episodes, and that's to be forgiven, but Data's head in a San Francisco basement? Guinan being worth a shit? Not even a bottom-half episode, dood.
But it's important for me to remember in these discussions that there are actually people who want to beat the shit out of me whenever I wear my "Darmok" t-shirt.
While Alexander certainly sucks, and Brian Bonsall's as dead as...oh, crap, Billy Zoom, never mind, where the fuck do I get this stuff?, "This is my laughing hour!" is a staple of communication in my household.
With Randal on season two, if only because the style/design upgrade over season one is so fucking dramatic and cool in retrospect.
And finally: why are people discussing the Kraut and Santorum when there's TNG to be dissected? That's just fucking weird. Weirder than calling Rockville Bethesda.
One forgotten Alexander thing: his mom was one of the scorchingest MILFs ever. Mrowr! But her best role was in a Voyager episode, quite possibly the only Voyager episode worth its ether.ReplyDelete
Hah, thanks, Landru.ReplyDelete