How cool would it be if Hamster was a secret sleeper agent who has inside access to motherfucking Led Teonsis and I could wake Hamster (and we're seeing Bonny Prince Billy this coming Sunday, in case you were wondering what music is coming here soon if not next) and order him to slap motherfucking Led Teonsis, whose teams (and I dearly love people who love his stupid-ass ice-soccer team) can never win another fucking game not soon enough, with a three-day dead catfish, but Hamster isn't, though he does send this song and this song and this:
- Time never tells.
- Thugs of the organized criminal class.
- The World's Second Shittiest Human loves her some frothy mix of fecal matter and lube.
- Not only am I not giving money to or voting for a Democrat again, I haven't given money to or listened to or donated to motherfucking NPR in two years, nor will ever again.
- America is - everywhere is - a racist country.
- Harris-Perry poll.
- Why Liberals are lame.
- Why David Brooks is mendaciously lame.
- A friend asks me to remind you of October 2011.
- The kids are alright.
- Occupy Wall Street.
- Yeah, fuck Democrats, but still, motherfucking crackers.
- But still, motherfucking crackers.
- Keeping the lights on.
- How much money is Chris Christie spending on private investigators to investigate himself to gauge risk/reward?
- Rethinking Rockville Pike?
- Donate and adopt.
- Fuck City.
- A friend of twenty years has a new photography blog.
- New Bjork. I'll say it's me, but mehful.
- I listened to his Fifth last night, serendipitously.
- Mallet Quartet.
- Ten feet tall.
- I'm a mess.
- This week's new releases.
- Drosophila Melanogaster.
- Unsurprisingly I woke up with the below in my head - what a great fucking song - but look, two-minutes, thirty-seconds, the maximum length for a great pop song. Hear how it feels like a full meal while five minute songs feel like gluttony? Please please please, two minute thirty second or less great songs solicited.
Robert Lewis Weeks
Panther lies next to Wharncliffe and Wharncliffe next to Devon and Devon next to Delorme. In each a single fisherman casts in the slow, black water of the Big Sandy. Catfish is the whisker lurking behind the bobbing cork. He lives, it seems, in dense night from day to day until the fisherman from Wharncliffe pulls him out to be fried in tin-roof, tarpaper shacks from there to Matewan. Politicians call this valley a depressed area. But, under the sun, my heart will not have it so. Straight up from the brackish water, up the mountainside, green pointed trees as close as bird's wings grow fierce and clean, and then for miles beside the tracks the river moves faster over the rocks and the water isn't black at all-- only the silt underneath. The water over the rocks is running clear and cold and pure.
two minute thirty second or less great songs solicited.ReplyDelete
Most everything by the Ramones.
Style aside (having a decided preference for thick power chords), I think that's one reason why pop has never been a sizable chunk of my listening habits; I dig an eight-minute track.ReplyDelete
Is 2012 still considered The Most Important Election Of Your Lifetime, your meaning me, by which I mean us, but not "they?"
I'm convinced the 2:30 or less power pop song is one of the major reasons I dig Guided by Voices (and most Pollard songs) so much. And this shitty blog's Official Theme Song is just two minutes.ReplyDelete
I once dug The Ramones, still note their influence, but they (and/or I) haven't aged well for me.
POTUS 12 is the most important, vital, and potentially paradigm-shifting election of our lifetime since the last one until the next one.
So, I've not spent much time with GBV. I really enjoy Bee Thousand, and have listened to it recently with pleasure, but I didn't really like Alien Lanes upon its release, and so haven't listen to it in probably 15 years, and so, also, didn't follow them at all, after. If I were to sample, say, two albums of theirs, other than the two I mention, what should they be?ReplyDelete
Regarding the pop song, and length, I love a short pop song. But I also love an 8, 9, 10, or more minute exploration of whatever.
I love them all, including the two you mentioned, but to pick two more, Propeller and Do the Collapse.ReplyDelete
I'll dig them out and burn some and you'll have them as soon as we have lunch....
I broke the internet again. Here, let's try this:ReplyDelete
Help you Ann: http://youtu.be/7LqF5P3Fa84
Phonefreak Honey http://youtu.be/TVjANp34iG4
Safety Net http://youtu.be/MugWrKFcGS8
Dot Dash http://youtu.be/uTGNnSgfp5Q
Always the Same http://youtu.be/Lg6QWNOuJoo
It's About Time http://youtu.be/SrVsQJgjD98
She May Call You Up Tonight http://youtu.be/7ag4EV9iyS0
Tourist Information http://youtu.be/vF1Usi0zpaM
The King of Carrot Flowers http://youtu.be/oeU-P1MLmIs
I Got a Girl http://youtu.be/b1a0BJQcbZU
Straight Shooter http://youtu.be/6AglOppyOos
Mars Red Rust http://youtu.be/xLPUqAlAPaw
1. Oh, fuck you. I'm tired and I'm out in America.ReplyDelete
2. I'll leave you to list Will Chang's anarcho-syndicalist (or nihilist cheesewhiner, or whatever the fuck you self-label as these days) credentials in support of your contention that a professional soccer team in the DC area should ever win another game. And in concession to the obvious, I'll argue that Ted Leonsis--who is rich and fat--never fired Jon Miller.
3. I'm all about realistic stuff like GGW advocating making Rockville Pike walking space punctuated by Marc Elrich's giant speedy buses. Fucking nannystate duckfucking treehumping Communist County Council assholes.
4. Huh? You're Bjork? Look, you're in the best shape of your life, and you're damn fine, but seriously, I can tell the difference.