- The value of human life.
- The wrong side of history.
- Water everywhere.
- Time of death.
- Cruel and usual.
- Boom, for real.
- Inequality if FAKE.
- Instruments of evil.
- Alliances and obfuscations.
- Home invasions.
- Growing old or not.
- Derrida for those of you who do.
- Purple Line.
- REM found their river. I liked but never loved REM.
- Irwin's first air-break addresses the REM break-up.
- Remembering REM. I do remember when REM was influential, and if their music didn't age well with me, that doesn't diminish their early influence.
- Nick Cave is fifty-four today. This is this shitty blog's Bleggalgazing Anthem:
trouble with spain
I got in the shower
and burned my balls
met this painter called Spain,
no, he was a cartoonist,
well, I met him at a party
and everybody got mad at me
because I didn’t know who he was
or what he did.
he was rather a handsome guy
and I guess he was jealous because
I was so ugly.
they told me his name
and he was leaning against the wall
looking handsome, and I said:
hey, Spain, I like that name: Spain.
but I don’t like you. why don’t we step out
in the garden and I’ll kick the shit out of your
this made the hostess angry
and she walked over and rubbed his pecker
while I went to the crapper
but everybody's angry at me.
Bukowski, he can’t write, he’s had it.
washed-up. look at him drink.
he never used to come to parties.
now he comes to parties and drinks everything
up and insults real talent.
I used to admire him when he cut his wrists
and when he tried to kill himself with
gas. look at him now leering at that 19 year old
girl, and you know he
can’t get it up.
I not only burnt my balls in that shower
last Wednesday, I spun around to get out of the burning
water and burnt my bunghole