Market logic suggests the timing is nothing more than the story's maximum return on investment re: eyeballs and commercial dollars - Cain will never be bigger than he is now - but may I suggest, a daydream from my romantic pwoggle heart, that Occupy is scaring the 1%, that Corporate felt a need to whack the cracker hive, turn up the siren of the waambulance of Cracker Victimization at the hands of the Great Satan Liberal media bias, this time spiced with accusations of racist Liberal hypocritical Uncle Tomming, give the hippie-hating a jolt demonizing Occupy hasn't.
Plus the bonus that Corporate, Cracker Division, doesn't want Cain as nominee in POTUS12, can both damage Cain's chances when he's at his peak and blame the whack on Corporate, Pwoggle Division, making Corporates' stockholders happy. Maximum return on investment. It'd be brilliant if it wasn't standard operating procedure. Also, this blog's Official Theme Song Two:
- Deepest condolences to blog bud Agi and his family.
- Brad interviewed on Oakland.
- Rhetorical question.
- Towards another anarchism.
- This generation's greatest academic fraud (I say this admiringly) interviewed.
- One percent's defender.
- Sent from an iPad?
- Scaring the 1%.
- Movement campaigns in disarray.
- Also, motherfucking crackers.
- Also, motherfucking crackers.
- Also, motherfucking christer crackers.
- Life stinks.
- Things you might have missed.
- Fuck-me-jig: Soccer fans in the Baltimore area have begun receiving an MLS-commissioned survey to gauge interest about a team playing there through expansion or relocation. “We’ve been saying this could happen,” United President Kevin Payne told the Insider. “This isn’t a game. This is serious. This isn’t a bluff. Part of it is trying to understand what that means for our business." United has spent all 16 MLS seasons in Washington but club officials have said playing at 50-year-old RFK is not economically viable. Talks with D.C. officials have shown no signs of progress. Buzzard Point in Southwest D.C., near Nationals Park, has been the club’s primary focus. Previous negotiations, involving Poplar Point in Anacostia and then Prince George’s County in Maryland, collapsed.
- Planet could have gone to St Mary's College.
- My future hell: Four major intersections near the Bethesda hospital along Rockville Pike, Connecticut Avenue, Cedar Lane, Jones Bridge Road and Old Georgetown Road will become construction zones, and a $40 million underpass will be created beneath Maryland 355. Short-term intense hell to make permanent hell minutely less hellish.
- RIP Tom Keith.
- Artistic surface, artistic depth.
- Day of the Dead.
- Actually, I woke up with this in my head, added the above theme song as a result:
THE WHITE FIRES OF VENUS
We mourn this senseless planet of regret, droughts, rust, rain, cadavers that can't tell us, but I promise you one day the white fires of Venus shall rage: the dead, feeling that power, shall be lifted, and each of us will have his resurrected one to tell him, "Greetings. You will recover or die. The simple cure for everything is to destroy all the stethoscopes that will transmit silence occasionally. The remedy for loneliness is in learning to admit solitude as one admits the bayonet: gracefully, now that already it pierces the heart. Living one: you move among many dancers and don't know which you are the shadow of; you want to kiss your own face in the mirror but do not approach, knowing you must not touch one like that. Living one, while Venus flares O set the cereal afire, O the refrigerator harboring things that live on into death unchanged." They know all about us on Andromeda, they peek at us, they see us in this world illumined and pasteled phonily like a bus station, they are with us when the streets fall down fraught with laundromats and each of us closes himself in his small San Francisco without recourse. They see you with your face of fingerprints carrying your instructions in gloved hands trying to touch things, and know you for one despairing, trying to touch the curtains, trying to get your reflection mired in alarm tape past the window of this then that dark closed business establishment. The Andromedans hear your voice like distant amusement park music converged on by ambulance sirens and they understand everything. They're on your side. They forgive you. I want to turn for a moment to those my heart loves, who are as diamonds to the Andromedans, who shimmer for them, lovely and useless, like diamonds: namely, those who take their meals at soda fountains, their expressions lodged among the drugs and sunglasses, each gazing down too long into the coffee as though from a ruined balcony. O Andromedans they don't know what to do with themselves and so they sit there until they go home where they lie down until they get up, and you beyond the light years know that if sleeping is dying, then waking is birth, and a life is many lives. I love them because they know how to manipulate change in the pockets musically, these whose faces the seasons never give a kiss, these who are always courteous to the faces of presumptions, the presuming streets, the hotels, the presumption of rain in the streets. I'm telling you it's cold inside the body that is not the body, lonesome behind the face that is certainly not the face of the person one meant to become.
turn on the siren of the waambulance of Cracker VictimizationReplyDelete
I'm pretty sure that siren is never off.
Heh, I was changing "turn on" to "turn up" literally as you were typing your comment.ReplyDelete
Dawn is a way better flick than Day.ReplyDelete
I just hope the gooper nom is sufficiently entertaining, which is all that really matters since we're fucked either way, +/- .06%.
Nice thought, but too broad imo. Dirty tricks division, oppo research: Karl Rove's fingerprints all over this. Crossroads, etc. Guy's swimming in too much anonymous cash. Somebody sticks his/her head up, s/he gets it punched. No first placers but Mittens—or draft Jebbie.ReplyDelete
'Course you're right: blame it on the Donkeys. How? "Their internal polling suggests that the person they really have to worry about is the true Conservative in the race who, b/c he's black too, will split the minority vote." "Republicans would never do this to one of their own." Pretzel logic.
Some might want to lay this on Rick Perry. That Chucklehead might be good at negative campaigning and character assassination, but he cut his chops w/ and through Rove. And now he's too busy trying to right his own ship to take down the other 'viable' VP candy-date.
Give it a locality and a name: Karl Rove. Crossroads. And yes, they work for Corporate.