- Better mood, thanks, but still a nail being hammered. And thanks for the bursts of Kind - you know who you are. I deeply appreciate it.
- Dogs and the election.
- Cats and the election.
- As much as I'd like to credit Occupy, this populist face-turn by Obama was always the gameplan.
- So was this.
- I honestly don't know how much of EJ Dionne's toolishness is foolishness.
- The Swiss Bank Account Guy.
- Will Israel attack Iran?
- The caging of America.
- Purple Line!
- Purple Line!
- Camptown Races five miles long, Dudar, Dudar. It needs saying: with DCU's legacy of concussions and Dudar's history of concussions, I give Dudar until May before his career is effectively over.
- Roster reset #6.
- Old loves.
- I haven't thought about Mr or Mrs Bridge in at least two decades.
- Blood in the grass.
- In California During the Gulf War.
- Playlist from greyhoos.
- Woke up with this in my head:
In the 5th century B.C.
an Indian philosopher
Gautama teaches "All is emptiness"
and "The is no self."
In the 20th century A.D.
Barbie agrees, but wonders how a man,
with such a belly could pose,
smiling, without a shirt.
My S.O.T.U. response.ReplyDelete
Really!? Pick up a center back who missed a season with a head injury. If we're planning on playing White in the center, why waste this money?ReplyDelete
Either Goff or Fullback said United wanted another CB so they could move McDonald to def mid when Kitchen is away on USMNT U-21 and motherfucking Olympic duty, so I understand the move to acquire another CB. Going out and getting a guy possibly one elbow to the head away from retirement is another issue. I mean, I hope he's the second coming of Ryan Nelsen, but....ReplyDelete
YOU may be feeling better, but you ruined my entire morning: showing me a brilliant Television live vid. Now I've got to go to the YouTubes and find all the great TV vids that I've never seen. I mean I'm trying to finish up a personal essay on existential sadness and repickup a novel I left hanging on about page 125 or so about a Viet vet who's just found out he's dying b/c of exposure to Agent Orange and I'm still mourning b/c I lost my closest older cousin who, absolutely coincidentally, died in December of the same—diagnosed more than a year after said novel was conceived. Fuck serendipity.ReplyDelete
Verlaine v. Cobain? Not even close IMNSHO.
Oh, and great pick of the Roky E thing. I saw that on Soundstage the night it first aired. It was sort of an 'event'.
BTW: your Comment Post clock is now on PST.ReplyDelete
YOU may be feeling better, but I started reading this post whilst out pretending to help the patrons and I've been interrupted seven times already.ReplyDelete
what does Verlaine have to do with Cobain?ReplyDelete
@Richard: For a lot of us older geezers, TV was like a generational figure—poet, guitar-player, tho' never quite a star. Kinda' like a Cobain before Cobain.ReplyDelete
No, I know who Verlaine is. I'm slightly younger than you, so he doesn't mean that for me. But the comparison to Cobain seemed gratuitous, esp. since their music is not similar.ReplyDelete