- Montag is dead. Long live Fellow____.
- The modern condition.
- The blind violence of pacifism.
- A mad tea party.
- Motherfucking Obama.
- Obama lunches w/Bloomberg! Speculate!
- Rise of the neoliberal thought collective, part two.
- Why so socialist?
- The Natural.
- Things you might have missed.
- Busy, so links and stuff. If you didn't see last night's post (and excellent header, another tonight) you don't know that I did buy the new collected Jack Gilbert, though you do now.
- On time and children.
- Little Danny Fucktard.
- Waiting for Wotan, continued.
- Why write a thousand page haiku?
- Songs for old people.
- Peter Broderick.
- One of the prettiest songs ever:
TEAR IT DOWN
We find out the heart only by dismantling what
the heart knows. By redefining the morning,
we find a morning that comes just after darkness.
We can break through marriage into marriage.
By insisting on love we spoil it, get beyond
affection and wade mouth-deep into love.
We must unlearn the constellations to see the stars.
But going back toward childhood will not help.
The village is not better than Pittsburgh.
Only Pittsburgh is more than Pittsburgh.
Rome is better than Rome in the same way the sound
of raccoon tongues licking the inside walls
of the garbage tub is more than the stir
of them in the muck of the garbage. Love is not
enough. We die and are put into the earth forever.
We should insist while there is still time. We must
eat through the wildness of her sweet body already
in our bed to reach the body within the body.
Thanks for the link, sir.ReplyDelete