- Fine metaphors abound.
- On the above.
- Motherfucking Obama.
- The people's hero.
- Improve or we'll kill you.
- No one, that's who.
- You know who else gave good speeches?
- In a mass knife-fight, which POTUS would win?
- Motherfucking pigs.
- Shock corridor.
- City under siege.
- The Present/.
- False flags.
- Would evidence be enough?
- Silliman's always astonishingly generous litlinks.
- Motel news.
- Joe Brainard.
- Friend's take on Lispector (who I am about to attempt an extended effort to read as the refreshing sherbet between heavy courses of Vollmann).
- Yes, we can try, but I don't talk about poetry, a terror is more certain, though thank you for asking: if I catch myself wondering why this poet works for but this one doesn't I'm OK but if I try to write about it I end up with neither. This is not the same laziness as my willful unwillingness to pissing-match subject/object/object/subject with folk, I hated it when I had to, fuck that when I don't.
- Birdseed was her middle name.
- With Tenure.
- Boatload of Cage links.
- How to say nothing.
- Prunella's latest playlist!
- Woke up with this in my head:
WHAT I KNOW ABOUT EPISTEMOLOGY
As the light goes, go.
Be the rustling in the grass, the fall from
convention's good graces: learn, or someone
will have you filing files or writing writs,
demonstrating cutlery or selling knowledge
door to door; someone might even drop
your lovely life into a factory and have you
derusting rings on the coolant-spouting
turntable of a vertical lathe.
It's best for everyone that what you know
is generally thought of as general knowledge.
You can find it in pool rooms and roadside bars,
in meadows as inviting as beds, in bedrooms
where it whispers like a ribbon untying;
you can even find it in schools. But be careful:
it's dangerous, inescapable and exact
down to every atom of everything there is,
to every name each thing goes by and every
law each thing obeys. And the best part is,
you always know more than you know.
Is it wrong that I care more about people getting blown up halfway around the world than perceived threats to the autonomy of my lady parts? Because that's what I'm being told by most people in my world that aren't Randal.ReplyDelete
You aren't alone, you aren't wrong.ReplyDelete
Ya'll won't be saying that when Romney wears some chick's uterus as a hat.ReplyDelete
I hope nobody believes that Romney won't start the three wars he has already announced.ReplyDelete