Thanks to Uncle SeatSix for sending me a batch of his niece's photos. This is our last full day visiting Planet at Bamgier this week. The header - there are header's here all the time at night, no more silly a self-indulgent gag than any other here - was shot by Planet out the back-window of our rental on our way home from Delaware Ohio last night after dinner at Bun's; I live in a state on the Atlantic, the best seafood I've ever is in the geographical middle of Ohio.
- UPDATE! A friend writes and suggests I explain after a friend she forwarded this to said, you know, not everyone understands the context through digital osmosis: we are visiting my daughter Planet, a sophomore at a small Liberal Arts college in Ohio, this week. (And it's true, I think of this bleg as a serial, not episodic, show, assume everyone knows the shorthand and code, doesn't want me re-explaining the shorthand and code, at least those who lovingly complain that I'm always re-explaining the shorthand and code, see this sentence, e.g.)
- Serendipitous, at least to me, since I've bleggalgazed this week, as we were driving towards Delaware my iPhone chirped out tweets from blogbuds, those I used to group blog with, those I still swap blogspit with, tweets sending out bumps of Kind. Was sweet.
- Stealing from yourself.
- This is true: I left my Ohio fold out map, the one I yellow highlight roads I drive on for the first time, at home, when I've stopped for gas or water or caffeine I've asked at the Marathons or CVSs or local stores for road maps, nobody sells road maps anymore.
- I'm told tonight is Shock Your Mama night at Gambier. I suspect that means louder and drunker than normal.
- UPDATE! Planet says it's not Shock Your Mama night, whoever told me that "doesn't know what the fuck he's talking about." Where'd she learn to use that sort of fucking language?
- UPDATE! After I tweeted a blogwhoring Hey Sailor! this morning to this post, I get back from a long drive to discover four people unfollowed me. Expect more posts just like this one.
- How memes are orchestrated.
- Today in Motherfucking Obama. When you lost the folk at Kos....
- Domestic drones.
- So, yes, this argument again, with the additional question, who the fuck is Oliver Willis and why the fuck should anyone care?
- Complicity, consequences, intentions.
- Maggie's weekly links.
- Deer hunting in Rock Creek Park.
- Stevie Smith.
- The novel is a boat.
- Ozick reviews the new Gass. Forgive me, I bought the new Gass, promptly forgot I bought it, I could have been reading it on this trip, in theory.
- Beckett reads.
A LITTLE TOOTH
Your baby grows a tooth, then two,
and four, and five, then she wants some meat
directly from the bone. It's all
over: she'll learn some words, she'll fall
in love with cretins, dolts, a sweet talker
on his way to jail. And you,
your wife, get old, flyblown, and rue
nothing. You did, you loved, your feet
are sore. It's dusk. Your daughter's tall.