OK, here's what I would have said yesterday: it vaguely concerns me if I think about it which I don't until days like this past week that I could be killed in a terrorist attack - I live near DC, I work in DC at a place my employers proudly assure me is a high-risk target - but what terrifies me is the State in police action urged to more militarism by its corrupt and bankrupt media and cheered on by its vicariously game-playing American citizenry horny for patriotic snuff. Never lose sight of how many people in their heart of hearts enjoyed the fuck out if this, and never lose sight of what the State just learned about the current stage of snuff allotment and how much more it can increase the dose.
- Me too, of course, plus I learned that not-posting drew more hits yesterday than posting did the previous Friday.
- Nodus tollens.
- I'm not saying Power put these fucks up to it, I'm saying Power creates the terrarium in which these fucks are a natural result. I'm not defending these fucks' actions, I'm saying these fucks' actions aren't - pardon the trite cliche, please - a bug but a feature.
- Martial Law and a lament.
- UPDATE! Occupy Boston.
- UPDATE! Little reminder.
- UPDATE! American courage.
- UPDATE! Corporatism as terrorism.
- Music today grifted from Bryce, my go-to narcotic. My favorite three hours amongst many favorite three hours of music each week.
- Fuck it, he's only an American citizen. Line the streets and wave the flag!
- Security theater.
- The Culture Industry: Enlightenment as Mass Deception.
- Context and contact.
- Postcard from the end of America: Los Angeles.
- Jeebus Fracking Crist. As for the game at FIVE O'CLOCK ON SUNDAY AFTERNOON, the fuckers, I may have something else fun to do, I may have something else suck to do, meaning there's a 67% chance I'll not be there.
- Jim Dine.
- Almost nowhere in the world, as far as anyone can tell.
- Knausgaard, for those of you who do.
- UPDATE! First page of Pynchon's new novel.
- Fresh air.
- The waking.
- RIP Scott Miller. Sorry, I know I said Friday, but...
- UPDATE! Live Bonnie Prince Billy from 2006.
- Robert Smith and Iggy Pop birthdays tomorrow. Mr Alarum has sent me a vast and fabulous playlist of Cure songs, the rest of you suck. Requests solicited.
near/gaseous twigs lacking fluency in the chunks of branch pipe
rot centered shade, and the shade of the thrush
stained by the suthering wind, loosens from the
other, bit-green/brown flap of sound, redstart, touring on its side, a grass/attempt
with snow seen by, it brushing/delineating yellow ashes of human dropped
forsythia like thrush, who handles the world when it looks away, the
powers are marching hitherward it is known before
where they arrive they move
belike some things I know not what/whatever, cannot hear them, cannot hear
thrush now, I think we should slaughter them