Dear Dos Equis, please have The Most Interesting Man in the world say, I was Zizek until it bored me, then send me money please. Love, BLCKDGRD.
- Yup, that's all I got other than to say I've some good news - I hope, so far so good - re: replacing google reader, The Old Reader.
- Axial class struggle.
- The Villagers' jester tells you you're doing motherfucking Obama a favor when you call Obama a motherfucker: But, in reality, the progressives’ street protest did Obama a favor. He needs to have the likes of Bernie Sanders against him. It strengthens his hand and helps him negotiate a better deal with Republican leaders, who can now see that liberal backbenchers and interest groups can sometimes be as intransigent as conservatives. Well, fuck me. And it doesn't mean Obama isn't a despicable motherfucker.
- On the Kosian Civil War.
- Maggie, milk, and the fatted lamb.
- Thatcher's death and righteous sexism.
- Misogyny and the neoliberal world order.
- Ethnocentric criticism.
- Slag. I've mentioned my father grew up in a coal company town in Fayette County Pennsylvania, the photos in Tom's post remind me of drives my Uncle Steve took us on when we were kids.
- One of us.
- Rebranding my future hell. Trafficjamistan.
- This article implies MOCO might not get the full brood. Fuck.
- Being boring.
- Beckett, for those of you who do.
- Babbitt, for those of you who do.
- Suitcase song.
- The third hour of the night.
- Ashbery, for those of you who do.
- Three Ashbery poems.
- WFMU DJs playing the hell out of the new Purling Hiss, for good reason:
CICADAS AT THE END OF SUMMER
Whine as through a pine tree is bowing a broken violin,
As though a bandsaw cleaves a thousand thin sheets of
They chime like freight wheels on a Norfolk Southern
slowing into town.
But all you ever see is silence.
Husks, glued to the underside of maple leaves.
With their nineteen fifties Bakelite lines they'd do
just as well hanging from the ceiling of a space
What cicadas leave behind is a kind of crystallized memory;
The stubborn detail of, the shape around a life turned
The color of forgotten things: a cold broth of tea & mile
in the bottom of a mug.
Or skin on an old tin of varnish you have to life with
A fly paper that hung thirty years in Bird Cooper's pantry
What's so funny about peace, love, and philosophy?ReplyDelete
I don't think it's boring, but if it is, I rather like it. CPL keeps shipping up Tom Clancy/Brad Thor stuff where 52 people get garrotted, shot, and blown up on each page.
i keep meaning to say something of .. the real foot balling that you like ,being something that i find some pleasure in having on ,playing around me ,of how males .. . moving .. ,of strong legs , they have some larger screens , a couple in the smaller place that we will be starting to gather in as the summer comes in ,what should i watch for of that ?that will go nicely with the off line of summer, bicy. riding and talk on putting together sled bikes for next winter , some art showing , and always pol. , what of foot 'to a ball'?ReplyDelete
Because somebody besides me should at least glance at this: http://www.thenation.com/article/173743/my-so-called-post-feminist-life-arts-and-letters#ReplyDelete
Thanks for bringing it to my attention, I'll link to it next linky post.ReplyDelete
I'd forgot how annoying The Nation website is. Am I sure I don't want to give them money, the seventh pop-up ad asks me.
Belated thanks for the link! Also, thanks for bringing The Old Reader to my attention, been needing to look for a replacement.ReplyDelete