- Blogging protip: Goats and Liszt, BANGO! the pings roll in. Also, Wednesdays, what the fuck, always has been by far the slowest day of the work week in Blegsylvania, day with the fewest posts around Stringtown.
- DC Code: He Is a Cliche.
- The Feminine Divine: Jeju-Style.
- What I think is ephemera.
- The above three links to good blogfriends. I hope :-p makes it back to DC soon: I'm happy to have been in Ohio, wish I'd been in town. Both Mr Abonilox and Frances had been on blog hiatuses, it's wonderful to have new content, I don't know that it means more is imminent or not, is nice to read them again.
- A new ideology.
- The establishment makes sloppy love to the Snowden leaks.
- From selling hope to hawking insurance.
- Pro-Obama hate speech.
- The 29 stages of a twitterstorm.
- Three days late, New Inquiry's Sunday links.
- This person is a lifelong friend of Earthgirl's, stood for Earthgirl at our wedding.
- There is no North Bethesda. It's called Rockville.
- First snow of season in Garrett County, Augusta!
- What I can't post about real life.
- What I can't post about work.
- What I can't post about Blegsylvania.
- What I won't post about Blegsylvania.
- Because I was baited by a loved one: Mozart is The Fucking Doors of classical music. You're welcome.
- The three-legged dog at the heart of our home.
- Brock-Broido interview.
- Lonnie Holley.
THE BUNNY GIVES US A LESSON IN ETERNITY
We are a sad people, without hats.
The history of our nation is tragically benign.
We like to watch the rabbits screwing in the graveyard.
We are fond of the little bunny with the bent ear
who stands alone in the moonlight
reading what little text there is on the graves.
He looks quite desirable like that.
He looks like the center of the universe.
Look how his mouth moves mouthing the words
while the others are busy making more of him.
Soon the more will ask of him to write their love
letters and he will oblige, using the language
of our ancestors, those poor clouds in the ground,
beloved by us who have been standing here for hours,
a proud people after all.
Now, if you had said The Fucking Doors are the Mozart of rock music, your metaphor/analogy thingy would have taken on an entirely different meaning/connotation, no?ReplyDelete
What did we learn today? Metaphors: non- or not necessarily commutative. Possibly unstable.
Jim: They're gonna blow.ReplyDelete
Beloved: This is mean and irrelevant, but when I saw the Utube frame above of that woman's lectures, I thought, "Why is BFF posting a picture of Dana Carvey as Garth?"
I love it when people who don't use the ICC claim that the ICC is a failure.
I was deeply concerned when I saw the headline, but I will vouch that no bunnies were harmed in the production of this post.
the poem about the little bunny reminds me of richard adams' novel watership down, which i read in one gulp even though i had to stay up all nightReplyDelete
i was on the ICC once when i took a bus trip to an Action In Montgomery meeting but i never drive on it personally because i don't have E-ZPass® nor do i feel comfortable with the video tolling option
speaking of harm to bunnies i drove from upper gaithersburg to frederick and back today and saw many traffic casualties in and by the road - squirrels of course, bunnies, deer, woodchuck, even a possum - i saw no dogs or cats today as far as i could tellReplyDelete
Hah. "Speeding Motorcycle" just came up on my iPod when I re-synced it and got in my car. First song.ReplyDelete