- So I wanted to get the hawk gif from the top of the page and return Momcat to her banner, so that's Reason Two for this post. Reason Three is the promised Stereolab cascade, Reason Four to post another Matthea Harvey poem. Reason Five is to give you these links, Reason Six because what the fuck. Reason One you know, it's the tag (besides My Complicity) that adorns each and every post.
- America's future.
- Foucault on how neoliberalism enters the soul.
- Why he wants to fuck Boris Johnson.
- Krasznahorkai, for those of you who do. I confess, I am not in shape for Seiobo, though I feel as if I'm getting there.
- I had forgot the havoc that cutting and pasting from Word can wreck on my motherfucking free blogging platform.
- We talked about death again at Thanksgiving.
- DT: I have no pastimes on the road. I sit in the van staring straight ahead. I go to the venue and wait until I have to soundcheck. Afterwards I sit in the dressing room and wait for the show. People bring me food. I do the show. After the show I wait to go back to the hotel. At the hotel I wait to go to bed. In the morning I wake up and go to the lobby to wait to get into the van. I don't have a book or magazine or newspaper. I don't watch TV. No radio or other music is allowed in the van. I don't talk to anyone in the van. I wait and I sing. My pastime, then, is waiting.
- WFMU's Winter/Spring schedule is out, Blumin and Berger and Ryker return, and other than Sue's Solid Gold Hell (she's taking a break) no one I will miss is gone.
SAD LITTLE BREATHING MACHINE
Under its glass lid, the square
of cheese is like any other element
of the imagination--cough in the tugboat,
muff summering somewhere in mothballs.
Have a humbug. The world is slow
to dissolve & leave us. Is it your
hermeneut's helmet not letting me
filter through? The submarine sinks
with a purpose: Scientist Inside
Engineering A Shell. & meanwhile
I am not well. Don't know how to go on
Oprah without ya. On t.v, a documentary
about bees--yet another box in a box.
The present is in there somewhere.