Friend davidly gets mail:
We are contacting you as you are eligible to participate in the fan pre-sale for the "Before the Dawn" concerts in August & September 2014 at Eventim Apollo, Hammersmith 48 hours ahead of the general ticket sale on 28th March 2014.
Please visit www.eventim.co.uk at 9.30am on 26th March 2014, locate the show you’d like to attend, select the fan pre-sale from the drop-down menu and enter the unique access code below for your chance to purchase tickets to one of the shows:
Access code: xxxxxxxx
**ACCESS CODES ARE STRICTLY ONE USE ONLY AND SHOULD BE ENTERED AS DISPLAYED ABOVE IN LOWER CASE. IF YOU LEAVE THE PAGE AND TRY TO USE THE CODE AGAIN IT WILL BE INVALID.**
**THE ACCESS CODE WILL BE INVALID IF YOU HAVE NOT RECEIVED THIS EMAIL DIRECTLY FROM KATEBUSH.COM**
**ALL NEW SIGNEES TO THE KATEBUSH.COM MAILING LIST FROM 00:00AM ON 1ST MARCH 2014 WILL NOT BE ELIGIBLE FOR PRE-SALE TICKETS**
This event is for fans only and the following rules are in place to ensure that tickets do not get sold on and fans do not pay a higher price for their tickets.
- Ticket purchases are limited to a maximum of 4 per order. For example, you can try to purchase up to 4 tickets for just 1 of the 15 concerts, or 1 ticket for 4 separate shows. All tickets MUST be purchased in the same transaction in order for the access code to remain valid.
- The name of the lead booker will be printed on each ticket. The name cannot be changed once the booking has been made.
- The lead booker will be asked to present ID to gain entry into the venue. Failure to adhere to the terms and conditions may result in the customer's order being void. There are no exceptions to this rule.
- If you are booking more than one ticket your guests must arrive at the concert at the same time as you. Failure to do so will result in the guests being turned away.
- Tickets cannot be resold or transferred under any circumstances. If the promoter reasonably believes this to be the case the barcode on the ticket will be voided, prohibiting entry to the concert.
- Age Restriction: 14+ (ALL UNDER 16's MUST BE ACCOMPANIED BY AN ADULT)
Tuesday, 26th August
Wednesday, 27th August
Friday, 29th August
Saturday, 30th August
Tuesday, 2nd September
Wednesday, 3rd September
Friday, 5th September
Saturday, 6th September
Tuesday, 9th September
Wednesday, 10th September
Friday, 12th September
Saturday, 13th September
Tuesday, 16th September
Wednesday, 17th September
Friday, 19th September
We hope to see you there.
The Fish People
- From The Guardian: Kate Bush will play her first series of shows since 1979, performing August and September in the UK. Bush will play 15 shows at London’s Eventim Apollo starting 26 August as part of her Before the Dawn series of shows. Announcing the news on her website on Friday, the singer said: “I hope you will be able to join us and I look forward to seeing you there.” Famously, Bush has only toured once before, during a six-week jaunt around Britain and mainland Europe. “By the end,” she subsequently recalled, “I felt a terrific need to retreat as a person, because I felt that my sexuality – which in a way I hadn’t really had a chance to explore myself – was being given to the world in a way which I found impersonal.” Theories to explain her absence from the tour circuit have included a fear of flying, perfectionism and the death of her lighting director, Bill Duffield, who was killed in an accident during her 2 April 1979 concert at Poole Arts Centre. In an interview with Mojo magazine in 2011, Bush said she’d also endured extreme exhaustion as a result of the tour. “It was enormously enjoyable. But physically it was absolutely exhausting.” “I still don’t give up hope completely that I’ll be able to do some live work,” she added, “but it’s certainly not in the picture at the moment because I just don’t quite know how that would work with how my life is now.”
- Not that we can afford to fly to London to see Kate Bush, but even if we could afford to fly to London to see Kate Bush the show dates coincide with (a) taking Planet back for the start of her senior year in college and (b) the start of the academic year for Earthgirl at her elementary school and (c) the three hardest weeks of my job at Hilltop. Fun to daydream though.
- davidly says he's gonna try for a ticket.
- Hopefully this all means a new album. Hopefully she enjoys this experience so she considers touring more. I doubt she'd ever tour Murka. Yurp yes, Murka no.
- Have I ever mentioned I love Kate Bush?
- Somebody posted a Kate Bush song yesterday I post here all the time, most recently for David Gilmour's birthday.
- Please consider throwing Arthur the coins in your pocket.
- Meanwhile at Hilltop. Not quite as dramatic as the discovery of a meth lab in the freshmen dorm a couple of years ago.
- Scenes from the Inhumanity Museum. From Gass' Middle C, which I am just now beginning, my first attempt thwarted a year ago by what was - Baal be taunted - a currently dormant reading slump.
- This is my favorite lazyass aarghfree post since the last until the next.
- Yes, the guy in the middle of the header is 83 today.
- Party animals.
- Adventures in time and space.
- Beckett, for those of you who do.
- It's probably Martha & the Muffins most known song. Not my favorite, not my least.
So one day when the azalea bush was firing
away and the Japanese maple was roaring I
came into the kitchen full of daylight and
turned on my son’s Sony sliding over the
lacquered floor in my stocking feet for it was
time to rattle the canisters and see what
sugar and barley have come to and how Bolero
sounds after all these years and if I’m loyal
still and when did I have a waist that thin?
And if my style was too nostalgic and where
were you when I was burning alive, nightingale?