Let me just say this about that: if Rand Paul wins POTUS 16 - and for the record I don't think Rand Paul will win POTUS 16, I don't think he will be permitted to win the GOP nomination for POTUS 16 - remember Ferguson 14, when Paul spoke out against the militarization of police and spoke forthrightly about the state of racial inequalities of legal justice in America while the current POTUS, a motherfucker, took five minutes to step off the Fifth Tee and his round of golf with rich Democratic fundraisers to offer mumbly centrist bullshit of nothingness. Does it matter if each was equally cynical?
- We had dinner last night with my brother-in-law's family. His wife's son is a twenty year old rising junior at V____. Talk, as it inevitably does, turned to politics, to Ferguson. The kid - he's fine, this is not knock - sounded like I must have at twenty. The context may have been different, but the assuredness of opinion expressed in his considered worldly experience, the passion of his convinced philosophy, reminded me of me at twenty. Me at fifty-five.
- Fabricating a war out of nothing.
- Gertrude Stein on public servants and war.
- Excerpt: on moral repair after wrongdoing.
- Ferguson: an overview.
- On an obamaphile's brief and fleeting obamapostasy.
- ISIS v US: contrast and compare.
- Peter Gizzi.
- Ashbery's Snowball in Hell.
- I can't find my copy - I think I lent it to someone with whom I've lost contact, of April Galleons (the book Snowball in Hell comes from) and I can't find the poem online and while I have access to a university library's stacks I don't have access right this minute. I'll get you the poem soon. Let's be honest: I'll get me the poem soon. You don't care.
- So, guess what I've been rewatching.
- The genesis of fine metaphors abound:
NOAH/HAM: FATHER OF THE YEAR