- Decline, despair, complicity, and fun in the clusterfuck. Regulars will recognize this tension (or I hope recognize) as the basic spring of this blog's constant yodeling. Above photo shot this past Sunday, Earthgirl and I had a wonderful long hike in peak foliage, had a wonderful time discussing how clusterfucked our daughter's future world will be. Yodelayheehoo.
- And it's this yodeling here that keeps here here, why I can't jump.
- Paradise lost and future pending.
- More on vampires and zombies.
- Seven things the middle class can't afford anymore.
- The silence of the masses.
- The eternal reality of the exploited, or: Krasznahorkai, for those of you who do.
- I urge you again to throw the coins in your pocket at Arthur Silber.
- And let my going be unseen, unheard.
- It was Flowerville, I think, that got me on a recent Alice Notley run.
- You can hear Alice Notley read the poem below here.
- His meat was locusts and wild honey.
- Reintroducing John Berryman.
- Because I love the person who urged me to jump, Holly and the Italians:
THE TEN BEST ISSUES OF COMIC BOOKS
1. X-Men #141 & 142
2. Defenders #125
3. Phoenix: The Untold Story
4. What if. . .? #31
5. New Mutants #1
6. New Mutants #2
7. Micronauts #58
8. Marvel Universe #5
9. New Mutants #14
10. Secret Wars #1