- That is the second-most posted song in the history of this shitty blog. Alex Chilton was born sixty-four years ago today. Click the Big Star and/or Alex Chilton tags for more songs.
- Dishonorable: on the whiny pigs of New York.
- Willfully obtuse. Ask your white right-wing friends who insist America is not a racist society if they were born tomorrow and could choose to be white or black which they'd choose.
- David Harvey: Austerity schemes and right-wing economic doom.
- Working the dark side - on torture and America.
- America defined in four words.
- One crutch in Hell.
- Maggie's weekly links.
- Meditation Box.
- Even more Ivan Dishdogavitch.
- Mason & Dixon, third riff.
- Felix Kubin!
In Sweden, they whispered all winter,
counting the frozen minutes.
In France, they branched out. Tips of experience.
In England, they dreamed of Ireland.
In Ireland they seemed to be lonely.
Germany was Belgium then was Spain.
Italy was something else again.
Portugal, Portugal, Portugal:
they said that a lot because they never went back.
Later in Hungary, he lay on his back
and watched the clouds — so few of them
but each one big and fluffy. In the first dream
the angel was having a dream; in the next dream
the angel still clung to his story.