Two new Stephin Merritt songs, Lo and La, for Lola the rat terrier who steals the show.
It wasn't Thursday Night Pints (which are no more) though I did have a pint with a friend last night. She's an unabashed mainstream Democrat and enthusiastic Inevitability proponent. It's important to her that a woman wins POTUS, and frankly that symbolism is the ONLY reason I don't find the thought of Inevitability A-to-Z repugnant. Think of how it will make rightwingers nuts, N said. If on the day after Obama won POTUS in 2008, I said, you'd told me that in 2015 there would be a mass public revulsion against the Confederate flag with concurrent rightwing freakout and that conservative SCOTUS judges would uphold a health care bill deemed socialist by rightwingers with concurrent rightwing freakout, and these had happened in the same week, I not only wouldn't believe you but would have signed on for that comedy blockbuster in a nanosecond. N said, I know you're disappointed with Democrats in particular and Obama in general, but the anti-Confederacy bullshit doesn't make you happy? I haven't been taking my daily tribal viagra for years, I said, I can't achieve a boner much less a flaggasm.
- UPDATE! And now Scalia, Alito, and Thomas lose on gay marriage. I am small enough, I confess, to relish the thought of their heads exploding.
- UPDATE! OK, I confess, I'm feeling some tiny reawakening of schadenfreude over this one.
- UPDATE! OK, it's gone.
- White American terrorists.
- Meet the new police reform bosses.
- The failure of utopian desire.
- There is no Baltimore City in Larry Hogan's Maryland.
- Martin O'Malley couldn't get his Lt Gov elected over GOP buffoon Larry Hogan in an overwhelmingly blue state and daydreams that someday he will be POTUS.
- Studying the ashes under the stars.
- Zombie gets death scare, thankfully is OK, makes Nick Cave allusion.
- Sylvia Plath reading her poetry.
- Thomas Bernhard, for those of you who do.
ARGUMENT OVER, AMOUNTING
In edges, in barriers the tonal light of t
the one thing removed overemphasizes tonally
and you could hurry it, and it vanish and plan
You go out on an avenue, but may be taken in despite
your chordal list of hates, overcomings banished ready
receiving you from a darkened cone, the one a beat
behind the one you there are
Then the I not part of the you equation, but the
spider trying to build where it is written
I don’t want to talk to you about it anymore
crystal region in its light, there are failures and
there are failures
But it’s imperative, abrupt catch, that you sink the
final catch, trounced morning
this is awful but none other available, words reach
and visually fail to tie audibly retire
the pieces of the opening collision, and the reaches of
turning aside remind
I am hopefully
this is position
of the world overcome by
and by the wind takes our voice
the collateral one voice