- Small presses who do not know I exist did not suddenly visit the blog yesterday and contact me regarding the publication of this shit which I claim to desire but would not pursue if asked to submit. Submit is a wonderful double-edged verb in this context, yes? Related Magnetic Fields' song below.
- Fatalism, scapegoating, timidity, dehumanization.
- Today in motherfucking cops.
- The problem with identity.
- And this is news how?
- dmarkrc has its way.
- More Szymborska!
- Clever Crow.
- Speaking of Crow, I sent out my every six months Confirm Existence email, they've gone unanswered now eighteen months.
- Microsoft dropped a Windows 10 turd in my updates and exploded the update without my say. How fucked am I?
- I'm advocating this for Friday's hike.
- Dude, you were a mile from my house, next time you're in DC let me buy you a pint.
- What you can buy me for my birthday.
- So once Mag Field's "Famous" was in head it was an instant leap to the Cohen song. And the Tate poem.
THE LIST OF FAMOUS HATS
Napoleon’s hat is an obvious choice I guess to list as a famous hat, but that’s not the hat I have in mind. That was his hat for show. I am thinking of his private bathing cap, which in all honesty wasn’t much different than the one any jerk might buy at a corner drugstore now, except for two minor eccentricities. The first one isn’t even funny: Simply it was a white rubber bathing cap, but too small. Napoleon led such a hectic life ever since his childhood, even farther back than that, that he never had a chance to buy a new bathing cap and still as a grown-up--well, he didn’t really grow that much, but his head did: He was a pinhead at birth, and he used, until his death really, the same little tiny bathing cap that he was born in, and this meant that later it was very painful to him and gave him many headaches, as if he needed more. So, he had to vaseline his skull like crazy to even get the thing on. The second eccentricity was that it was a tricorn bathing cap. Scholars like to make a lot out of this, and it would be easy to do. My theory is simple-minded to be sure: that beneath his public head there was another head and it was a pyramid or something.