THE ENVOY OF MR COGITO
Translated by Bogdana Carpenter
Go where those others went to the dark boundary
for the golden fleece of nothingness your last prize
go upright among those who are on their knees
among those with their backs turned and those toppled in the dust
you were saved not in order to live
you have little time you must give testimony
be courageous when the mind deceives you be courageous
in the final account only this is important
and let your helpless Anger be like the sea
whenever you hear the voice of the insulted and beaten
let your sister Scorn not leave you
for the informers executioners cowards—they will win
they will go to your funeral and with relief will throw a lump of earth
the woodborer will write your smoothed-over biography
and do not forgive truly it is not in your power
to forgive in the name of those betrayed at dawn
beware however of unnecessary pride
keep looking at your clown’s face in the mirror
repeat: I was called—weren’t there better ones than I
beware of dryness of heart love the morning spring
the bird with an unknown name the winter oak
light on a wall the splendour of the sky
they don’t need your warm breath
they are there to say: no one will console you
be vigilant—when the light on the mountains gives the sign—arise and go
as long as blood turns in the breast your dark star
repeat old incantations of humanity fables and legends
because this is how you will attain the good you will not attain
repeat great words repeat them stubbornly
like those crossing the desert who perished in the sand
and they will reward you with what they have at hand
with the whip of laughter with murder on a garbage heap
go because only in this way will you be admitted to the company of cold skulls
to the company of your ancestors: Gilgamesh Hector Roland
the defenders of the kingdom without limit and the city of ashes
- I need work Sunday so I'm off today - this changed since yesterday - so here I am.
- As is Olive, chasing the sun reflected off my watch.
- Life on an increasingly improbable planet.
- On the roads and on the streets of life.
- Social media as liturgy.
- Why would Trump go to meeting meant to establish peace with Establishment GOP and attack the GOP Establishment, asked a Hillaryite Colleague. Can you imagine, I said, any Democratic candidate ever doing the same? HC said, no, sheesh, of course not. I said, there you go.
- Sanders to endorse Clinton next week.
- Clinton is doomed even if - especially if - she wins.
- The reign of error.
- In the wake of the Dallas shootings, good advice on regarding the media.
- But assholes, regardless of race and/or political tribal affiliation, the fuck, are doing the Oligarchs work of maintaining the fuck.
- All of us are becoming perpetual refugees.
- Be Kind, motherfuckers.
- Too frequent reminder that my daughter will be my age in 2049, what world?
It's any American's privilege to obsess over Clinton's emails and her other faults and flaws. That's politics. But the media's tendency to try to even out the alleged crimes and misdeeds between the two candidates is dangerous. Clinton is a mainstream American politician and Trump is ... not.ReplyDelete
This is not an ordinary election and one hopes that nobody fools themselves into thinking it is.
digby 7/07/2016 06:00:00 PM
So straighten up and fly right, Mr. BLCKDGRD (IF that is your real name!!??).