- Front steps with Nap (on my lap) last night.
- Strangest Dark ever since the last until the next.
- I haven't the skills to turn off damn one place but not another.
- Rust window.
- Jim photo-bombs an Icelandic waterfall.
- Frances Madeson & Steven Augustine in Millions comments re: Edmond Caldwell. Also with link to montage from Ed's memorial service.
- Zapruder interview re: Why Poetry.
- I agree. Decoding's a maroon's game.
- Sixteen years of William Berger archives. Get to work.
ERSTWHILE HARBINGER AUSPICES
Erstwhile means long time gone.
A harbinger is sent before to help,
and also a sign of things
to come. Like this blue
stapler I bought at Staples.
Did you know in ancient Rome
priests called augurs studied
the future by carefully watching
whether birds were flying
together or alone, making what
honking or beeping noises
in what directions? It was called
the auspices. The air
was thus a huge announcement.
Today it’s completely
transparent, a vase. Inside it
flowers flower. Thus
a little death scent. I have
no master but always wonder,
what is making my master sad?
Maybe I do not know him.
This morning I made extra coffee
for the beloved and covered
the cup with a saucer. Skeleton
I thought, and stay
very still, whatever it waswill soon pass by and be gone.