- Andy Partridge, 64 today!
- XTC especially but side-projects too, innermost circle of rotaters in MSADI5G.
- English Settlement, just released in 1982, lordy, on daily soundtrack for six of the best months of my life xteen lifes ago.
- Lots more songs HERE!
- A very well-planned genocide.
- We'd forgot they'd come here for magnetite.
- Year One: The Mad King.
- Galactically stupid is our buddy.
- the geography of subjective experience.
- Jim's Icelandic roadtrip, continued.
- Mekons. I haven't cascaded them in a while - will fix in near future.
- Reminder, Mocomofos - Earthgirl's reception tomorrow, Black Market, Garrett Park, 3 to 5.
- Motherfucking stupidass futile weekend blogging.
- Rest in Peace, Fred Cole - I'll get you a cascade tomorrow.
It’s true I never write, but I would gladly die with you.
Gladly lower myself down alone with you into the enormous mouth
that waits, beyond youth, beyond every instant of ecstasy, remember:
before battle we would do each other’s makeup, comb each other’s
saying we are unconquerable, we are terrible and splendid—
the mouth waiting, patiently waiting. And I will meet you there
beyond bleeding thorns, the endless dilation, the fire that alters
I am there already past snowy clouds, balding moss, dim
swarm of stars even we can step over, it is easier this time, I promise—
I am already waiting in your personal heaven, here is my hand,
I will help you across. I would gladly die with you still,
although I never write
from this gray institution. See
they are so busy trying to cure me,
I’m condemned—sorry, I have been given the job
of vacuuming the desert forever, well, no more than eight hours
And it’s really just about a thousand miles of cafeteria;
a large one in any event. With its miniature plastic knives,
its tuna salad and Saran-Wrapped genitalia will somebody
get me out of here, sorry. I am happy to say that
every method, massive pharmaceuticals, art therapy
and edifying films as well as others I would prefer
not to mention—I mean, every single technique
known to the mouth—sorry!—to our most kindly
compassionate science is being employed
to restore me to normal well-being
and cheerful stability. I go on vacuuming
toward a small diamond light burning
off in the distance. Remember
me. Do you
In the night’s windowless darkness
when I am lying cold and numb
and no one’s fiddling with the lock, or
shining flashlights in my eyes,
although I never write, secretly
I long to die with you,
does that count?
XTC = YES.ReplyDelete
Good luck to EG! Hope stuff sells out!ReplyDelete
Today's a Mark Kozelek day for me. XTC's going to have to wait.
Thanks—and don't miss the next installment. SRSLY
This few minutes is worth the watch. I've checked out this guy and his records for some time now. From last week, lots of XTC singles: https://youtu.be/NdnUxFBb5So?t=8m15sReplyDelete