- I knew Sunday yesterday was Meredith Monk's birthday. 75 this year.
- I prepared the birthday post Sunday night - mostly canned like most the birthday cards because why paraphrase myself, some small new though - then, Monday morning, didn't want to post.
- She's a refuge I go to. I tried on the way to work. Helped. Still didn't post.
- I listened to her last night, didn't write why I didn't post her card yesterday.
- I tweeted Vocal Frier mid-afternoon yesterday re: Monk's birthday: Hey
@vocalfrier today in (sic) Meredith Monk's 75th birthday (in case you know anyone who has a radio show tonight at seven that specializes in vocal music).
- and he responded I may know someone in that situation, with a tendency to celebrate Ms. Monk's work.
- and he wasn't lying. Here's an hour of Meredith Monk, last night on Vocal Fry.
- On show message board (and Dan on mic-breaks): people just happy it wasn't an RIP show.