- First day of season requiring an Earthgirl-Hat.
- One of seven, no eight, advantages of baldness.
- After Tuesday's election results we only think we've experienced Democratic re-litigating 2016.
- Yesterday, lunch, Red Square Farmers Market:
- Hillaryite Colleague: See, when motivated to vote Democrats win!
- Me: So you're blaming Hillary for 2016.
- Hillaryite Colleague: (chews Nutella crepe) A little.
- Also too: you only think you've experienced white nationalist grievances.
- Last night a digifriend I group-blogged with once upon made twoot re: resuscitate your blog.
- I can't remember group-blog's name,
- I tweet Montag & Ghost & Bieling & Agnew and
- - Blessed Serendipity -
- motherfucking Spiro Agnew born 99 years ago today.
- Goat reminded me, thanks! of blog's name!
- Resuscitated blogs.
- Anne Sexton was born 89 years ago today.
Thursday, November 9, 2017
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
speaking of people with greek surnames, like spiro agnew - i always assumed swimmer diana nyad had assumed her professional name because of its mythological significanceReplyDelete
actually, it was her stepfather's name, which became hers when he adopted her - the link to female water sprites is apparent coincidence
i was reading about her this morning because it turns out that she too has a story of childhood sexual abuse by a person of power
people mistreat other people quite a bit, apparently
i knew that already, but sometimes one is vividly reminded
mark twain: always do right - this will gratify some people, and astonish the rest
may the creative forces of the universe have mercy on our souls, if any
Why did Earthgirl make you a Cleveland Browns hat? I mean, I think the color scheme works pretty well for your complexion and all. But would you wear that in Republic?ReplyDelete
Hah, I actually picked the colors, I’m stupid for browns, not Browns.Delete
I’d be safe in Republic. I could outrun all the old fucks riding scooters while sucking on their respirators.
I'd have to concede that point, yeah.Delete