- My Thanksgiving Day story:
- Poachers in the woods of Rock Creek Park in my neighborhood killed a big antlered deer known as Dopey to some and Milton to others, listserv be lit not only hating on poachers but by battle over dead deer's name
- At a wonderful Thanksgiving dinner at my aunt's my aunt's bestfriend, a good guy, Beloveds know her, is further to the left than I thought her, I'm further to the left than she thought me
- she evoked Clinton's name three hours after I read the story of the Clinton interview she went Jeff Sessions on Europe and immigrants (my aunt's bestfriend unaware of the just released interview)
- Europe being proxy for you you self-righteous purist fool
- My aunt's bestfriend had never heard the phrase will never fuck off to the sea re: the person who won't
- I do not play enough Stereolab here it occurred to me when I woke up with this song in my head
- My aunt's bestfriend comes from a deeply conservative Southern family, her trek to the left is more her standing still while they and the country moved right
- when I said the Democratic Party's one job is to protect power's left flank I think it's the first time she'd ever heard that opinion, was surprised Elric and SeatSix yupped at old duh
- Our government is broken on purpose.
- Cost of war since 9/11, brought to you in part by Hillary Clinton.
- Honduran blood, brought to you in part by Hillary Clinton.
- The European refugee crisis Clinton proxies to tell you, you fucking hippie, to shut the fuck up and eat your racism? brought to you in large part by Hillary Clinton.
- Hillary Clinton will lose to Trump 2020.
- Trump is a feature, not a bug.
- Bump again: climate change is a deliberate feature, not a side-effect bug.
- NEWER! Black Friday news dump.
- NEW! We will fight the sun before taking on capitalism.
- Life without parole.
- NEW! MAJESTIC IMPERIAL PANOPLY!
- Avedon's abundant links.
- Poetry After Poetry: on Anne Boyer.
- Wear your love like heaven.
- Songs: Ohio rerelease!
A TWILIGHT OF MINOR POETS
(this is the cow with the crumpled horn)
I once thought we were beautiful because we were beasts
I once found some pigs, so rumpy and pink!
Inconsequential! Sublimely compelled!
Dork pigs, quasi-canonically bent w/grunt syllable.
I once thought we were beautiful because we meant nothing
I once thought we were beautiful because we were slant
or standing on our heels, staring out windows,
thinking some thing or other about light.
Or thinking on "some" - were were hesitant, humming,
stretched out - preludic - then
Return we to Don Juan. He begun/To hear new words, and to repeat them
I once thought we were beautiful because of "maraud"
"naught" "fuck" "fire" "morning" "fake"
"dismember" "decalogue" "cow"
"Ars" "Stars" "Hound" "How"
I once thought we were beautiful because we couldn't make songs.
"Oh air, pride, plume, here - buckle!"