- Egoslavian Flag of Algorithms Yes or Noing What's Post-able Here
- Settler Mindset
- Thanksgiving haiku
- For political, but, much more, monetary reasons, the media makes their mark, and therefore Jeremy Corbyn hates Jews, Julian Assange is an unwashed rapist and Donald Trump is Putin’s handpuppet. And if you object, you’re a suspect human being. In order to make money, and retain or gain power, the media and intelligence services, along with the political powers friendly to them, inject opinions into the populace. How Orwellian do you want it?
- Always decorum, never policy
- Thanksgiving Thursday best day of year to drive the speed limit on interstates watch the relatives try to impress each other by their cars almost kill me twice
- Planes, trains, automobiles
- Impeachment, I said to my disenchanted motherfucking Democrat friend past Tuesday Night Pints, proof positive motherfucking Democrats will do anything to keep Trump president
- Flint still doesn't have clean water
- That uplifting tweet
- Almost finished with Rusty Brown, I like, am not going to obsess over graphic novels (but not for the reason I thought I wouldn't)
- My father's brother at my father's sister's Thanksgiving meal yesterday, I see him at wedding and funerals usually, my father moved us to rising middle class Montgomery County in 1964, my father's brother moved his family to working class Cleveland, there's a reason every post but two a year tagged My Complicity, it is also a self-portrait w turban
float = obliquities
still = come
herbs = Arc
clocks = hooks
speaking of the settler mindset - earlier this afternoon i watched a rick steves program on a local pbs station - in 2014 he visited israel - he quoted the zionist slogan 'a land without a people for a people without a land', and then remarked that this was inaccurate - palestinians were in fact already living in the 'holy land' when this slogan was coinedReplyDelete
my own ancestors were settlers, in areas now part of this nation and also the one to the north - how much do they differ in mindset? you could read http://reviewcanada.ca/magazine/2009/04/are-we-a-mtis-nation/
in general, on both the individual and group level, it seems to me there is no justice in this life - one might find it in the next, or the one after that
spouse's niece's husband, visiting for the weekend with his family, a nice guy in many ways, remarked yesterday that our president is a great supporter of the military and public safety personnel - i did not dispute this assertion
on the other hand, the 'bernie 2016' magnetic sticker is still displayed on our refrigerator
at the korean supermarket* today the only words exchanged by the cashier and i were in spanish - the sign over the fresh coriander i bought identified it as 'cilantro' and 'chinese parsley'
"in general, on both the individual and group level, it seems to me there is no justice in this life -"ReplyDelete
MC! As with "meaning" in this Life, we need but make our own Justice... just be sure that in whatever proximate sphere you have influence within, you press for justice! If you do this all day, most every day, there won't be enough gaps in the schedule for the injustices of "the world" to slip through! (Well, except on those dreadful occasions when it slithers through the letter box).
Re. The Rolling Stone "report" on Russian Intelligence trolling: the irony! The entire Web was put in place to surveil, manipulate and monetize the individual psyches of the planet Earth, and Rolling Stone (now a part of that machine, if wasn't always) is sounding the alarm that Russkies are siphoning off a tenth of a per cent of that precious Psychic Crude Oil for their own nefarious purposes! You know there's something seriously wrong when the effing "Rolling Stone" itself (the traditional surface for combing out those collegiate pot seeds in the '70s) deploys the vintage G-man term "foreign adversary"!
"Disinformation operations aren’t typically fake news or outright lies. Disinformation is most often simply spin."
A LUTA CONTINUA!