While celebrating Pontius' hat-trick please remember Metros were missing two starting defenders, its starting defensive-mid, and its left-back was starting his first game, then say so-the-fuck-what, enjoy! Primal screams, yo! Pontius punking Henry off the ball, racing towards goal as Henry falls - Oh! I've been wounded! - dramatically to ground clutching his face, a sequence I'll always cherish. Is Pontius the answer at second forward? I'm not sure - there were moments in the box where his inexperience with his back to the goal snuffed out opportunities - but he'll surely get another chance this coming Saturday v Houston.
Busy, some quick points:
- Dudar makes a huge difference on defense. Calm, organized, good in the air. Makes everyone on the backline better. The anti-Jakovic.
- And Dudar makes Kitchen better, allows Kitchen to play ten yards farther forward. Very good game from Kitchen.
- NoDax still suxxxxx.
- OK, I'm sold on Maicon Santos. Watch the second goal - Pontius scored, but it was Maicon Santos who earned it.
- DeRossario's best match; he's finally looking fit.
- OK, I'm sold on Cruz. His work rate is phenomenal and contagious.
- As is DeLeon's.
- SeatSix is a wuss.
- Willis positions himself well in the run of play but still looks lost on set pieces. It's his job until he brain farts a couple of soft goals, but with Houston next - who always devastate United with crosses in play and set pieces - brain farts may be arriving soon.
- Here, watch:
Here's Goff, Fullback, Shatzer, Floyd. More later, including photos from the stadium, or not.